Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D prem , Giya G1's
(13-Jan-2016, 16:35)f1eng Wrote: PMFJI but Rodney has D-Premiers so no SAM but in my small experience SAM makes the biggest difference with small speakers so I don't imagine there will be much "correction" in a G1 SAM file...

I have G1's driven by 800 (upgraded from DPs)

So reading above that Sam was finally available for the G1s i downloaded and installed a new config 

Testing via AIR/Ethernet was easy as i set a remote button to sam on/off (AIR behaved well without dropouts)

Drumroll fading into a whimper.....F1eng you are spot on - the difference is minimal at best in my setup anyways (and thats at 100% setting...didnt bother testing the other percentages)..got bored and listened to music instead of straining to hear differences

Rodney sleep well with the knowledge that Sam on the G1's is a non-issue 

ps:
sorry for the thread-jack Rodney and when next in the Southern suburbs you are most welcome to pop by to listen for yourself - perhaps my ears were not functioning well last night!
Rodney, nice set up. I was in Cape Town three years back for a week . Love your city, people and culture. So, does your music come with a beautiful view of Table Top Mtn too?
Before I upgraded from D200 to D400 to D800, my dealer told me there's more than just power output. There's the improvement in lower distortion that results in better SQ. So each upgrade there's improvement but less so between D400 to D800.
In my system, the SAM does provide more low freq. but not necessary better SQ. So most of the time I dialled it back or cancel it using the remote. Still waiting for my Dirac miniDDRC.

Enjoy your music!
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
I wouldnt mind another D prem.. the reason is that often Im in the + figures on the devialet dial due to the -6-10db (you can choose) attenaution that dirac imposes on the digital signal  to do the DRC without digital clipping .. an extra 3db headroom wouldnt come amiss .. tho my single D prem is more than adequate

I do listen loud , but you also have to bear in mind Im running 4 serious subs , so any LF distortion is moot ..
The biggest problems with bass are room related in my case , some massive low bass peaks.. Even tho dirac does attenuate , its pulling down those huge peaks , which in itself gives more headroom. I use the swarm of subs , 1kw beasts , to fill in and smooth nulls 

the DDRC is a different animal alltogether .. changes are NOT subtle , nowhere anything as subtle as the SAMed applications I have heard .. and you have the choice of exactly where to stop correction.. like you can correct from 50hz down or 200hz down or 3456 hz down or the whole music spectrum.. As I have said before..I cannot live without it...

col, I will give you a call and come hear ... you still owe me a visit... Smile
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(14-Jan-2016, 12:11)Rodney Gold Wrote: col, I will give you a call and come hear ... you still owe me a visit... Smile

yip i do - will pop round when in your neck of the woods
Amazing system but there's something I don't understand about your setup.

The wonderful couches are all off to one side or another. When you listen to music, do you sit on the desk chair that's facing the two speakers?
Yes.. my steven hawkings command centre chair is my listening chair..
It is an ergonomic chair , can be adjusted anywhich way and rolled any direction for the perfect listening position ..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(15-Jan-2016, 07:07)Rodney Gold Wrote: Yes.. my steven hawkings command centre chair is my listening chair..
It is an ergonomic chair , can be adjusted anywhich way and rolled any direction for the perfect listening position ..

Nice!
I have upgraded to the New G1 spirits .. Im alos upgrading the 2x d prems to a 1000pro system using 2 x 250pros
The new speakers slay the older G1's .. by far the best speaker I have ever heard.. just wondering how much better the 1000p will be 
I doubt SAM will get to a set of G1 spirits , but it makes no difference , these speakers need NO help with the bass

[Image: 18301292_10156193589532178_3811732003153...e=5984B33D]

[Image: 18238077_10156193589662178_8647399339071...e=598EA984]