Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developing for Devialet
I have opened a repository called OpenDevialet on GitHub.com as platform to exchange on protocol documentation (both air and remote) as well as developing an open source driver,
Feel free to drop me an email and I will add you,

Mka
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Hello Mka,

I'll certainly join this project!
Has anyone moved forward on this yet? Very interested in the project and getting involved.
Hi,

Sorry - yes.

I've got some basic code to analyse the control protocol which I'll be uploading to GitHub early next week.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
I know it is early days yet and not being a programmer I do not know if this will be possible.
As the AIR protocol is asynchronous, is it possible to create a sort of "output" in the driver where playback software can "hook" into and read & sync to the amplifier clock? This would create a playback chain with clock reference to the amplifier instead of the computer clock.
None of the players I know have this function today so we'd depend on developers to write code for their players. I can imagine squeezelite as one of the candidates for this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
That is certainly do-able in the general case - The Linn DS sync (openhome) protocol uses the Linn's clock, not the PC's.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(17-Sep-2014, 15:33)rik Wrote: That is certainly do-able in the general case - The Linn DS sync (openhome) protocol uses the Linn's clock, not the PC's.

Rik

Very nice! Do you know if this is Linn proprietary or part of a standard?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Linn have open sourced it.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(17-Sep-2014, 20:04)rik Wrote: Linn have open sourced it.

Rik

Hi Rik and Mka. Any news on this yet? I wish I could contribute, but unfortunately I do not write code so can not help much
Devialetless!
Hi Everyone,

It works now!

I followed this thread a long time ago.
I finally wrote a program that you can use to make API call to remote control your Devialet Phantom.
You can check it at https://github.com/VanVan/phantom-remote-control
I use it for myself, I have open sourced it, hope it will help you aswell.

Wandrille