Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card - max size and format
Thanks, will order some cards now, just checking as a recent upgrade failed and I am trying to work out why.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
(18-Apr-2018, 19:55)Carcrashboy Wrote: Thanks, will order some cards now, just checking as a recent upgrade failed and I am trying to work out why.

What was the error message received when it failed? Yes, it could be an SD card failure but it may be something else as well.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(19-Apr-2018, 02:51)baddog Wrote:
(18-Apr-2018, 19:55)Carcrashboy Wrote: Thanks, will order some cards now, just checking as a recent upgrade failed and I am trying to work out why.

What was the error message received when it failed? Yes, it could be an SD card failure but it may be something else as well.

I had an issue when I received my upgraded 440 back from Devialet. I was having a problem uploading the config fIle.
I was sure it was the SD Cards, both of which are 4GB. After a number of conversation with Devialet support, and a number of emails, they finally figured out that the config file name was too long  and was causing an issue with the boot sequence. Once the file name was abbreviated and shortened to 20 characters the problem was solved. It may not be the problem in your case but worth trying.
(19-Apr-2018, 23:46)SteveI Wrote:
(19-Apr-2018, 02:51)baddog Wrote:

I had an issue when I received my upgraded 440 back from Devialet. I was having a problem uploading the config fIle.
I was sure it was the SD Cards, both of which are 4GB. After a number of conversation with Devialet support, and a number of emails, they finally figured out that the config file name was too long  and was causing an issue with the boot sequence. Once the file name was abbreviated and shortened to 20 characters the problem was solved. It may not be the problem in your case but worth trying.

To be honest the problem maybe caused by me. I recently went PC/Mac free so all activities now done via iPAD. My son will download files onto my new SD cards so I will see what happens then, but not for a few weeks as travelling. Will update post then.

FYI the problem appears to be that the software upgrade only partially worked but I did not have time to investigate further at the time.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
Hello, this is my very first contribution to devialetchat - i've been following for some time now.

Modern SD(HC) cards have quite huge capacities and cannot be formatted in the old FAT-style, which seems to be restricted to 4 GB volumes max.

The trick to make them work in my Expert 200 amp, was to resize a 16GB SDHC (mentioned before) card via Windows command line tool "diskpart".
In the end it became a 4GB (active) volume, wasting any space beyond (but dp_cfg.txt is tiny compared to 4GB).

The resulting volume then can be FAT-formatted e.g. by right clicking in Windows Explorer.

Not a very comfortable way to go, but worked perfectly and the card has more modern flash technology compared to smaller, rather old cards.

For detailed instructions, please see https://www.instructables.com/Format-USB...not-FAT32/

Best regards, Ecki
(23-Mar-2021, 20:18)Ecki Wrote: Hello, this is my very first contribution to devialetchat - i've been following for some time now.

Modern SD(HC) cards have quite huge capacities and cannot be formatted in the old FAT-style, which seems to be restricted to 4 GB volumes max.

The trick to make them work in my Expert 200 amp, was to resize a 16GB SDHC (mentioned before) card via Windows command line tool "diskpart".
In the end it became a 4GB (active) volume, wasting any space beyond (but dp_cfg.txt is tiny compared to 4GB).

The resulting volume then can be FAT-formatted e.g. by right clicking in Windows Explorer.

Not a very comfortable way to go, but worked perfectly and the card has more modern flash technology compared to smaller, rather old cards.

For detailed instructions, please see https://www.instructables.com/Format-USB...not-FAT32/

Best regards, Ecki

That's about the best introductory post I've seen on any forum. Thanks for that info and welcome to the forum Ecki.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.