Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card - max size and format
Popped out at lunch to see what our local Staples Office Supply had in stock....16GB was the smallest.
You guys. You made me order another pair for $8, just in case....Wink
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
thats got me thinking too. i may pick up a couple of spares just in case
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Is anyone using the Micro SD cards with their Devialet integrated?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, with an adapter of course. That said, they are still only 4 GB capacity.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
It doesn’t fare well for the future if you can only use 4gb cards and there are only 16gb available, not very future proof.
(23-Feb-2018, 08:39)kompressor Wrote: It doesn’t fare well for the future if you can only use 4gb cards and there are only 16gb available, not very future proof.

Hi, kompressor, look here!
https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2...+karte+4gb+
One more info, i only use 16GB (Transcend SD HC I) without any problem!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Re-opening old thread to see if things have changed...

Are we still saying that 4gb SD are the safest option?

I need to buy 2 new SD cards and 4gb (if available) are more expensive than 16gb so would go with the latter.

Anyone having problems with 16gb SD cards in non Pro Experts?

Thanks
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
(18-Apr-2018, 06:55)Carcrashboy Wrote: Re-opening old thread to see if things have changed...

Are we still saying that 4gb SD are the safest option?

I need to buy 2 new SD cards and 4gb (if available) are more expensive than 16gb so would go with the latter.

Anyone having problems with 16gb SD cards in non Pro Experts?

Thanks

Hi, I have been using my LE 120 always SD card with 16 GB (Transcend SD HC-1) without problems!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I'm guessing any SDHC card (which is up to 32G) should work fine.
In theory an SDXC card (up to 2TB) should also work fine but will probably need to be formatted FAT32 or lower. It almost certainly won't work in a Devialet if formatted with exFAT filesystem (preferred by the SDXC standard).
I believe the Experts have (and only need size-wise) an SDHC-compliant card reader, not SDXC.

I'd be surprised if Devialet have circumvented the SD card standards somehow.