Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors with Config file
(02-Feb-2016, 04:07)Giddy707 Wrote: Thanks. Tried didn't work
I suspect it has to do with Mac OS El Capitan.
This happens after upgrading.

try using this to format your SD card. Use the Overwrite function:  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Also, be sure you download the config file to your desktop then drag it to your SD card.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Thanks. Tried that too, didn't work.
Anyways, contacted Tech. support and got a reply within hours, pretty impressive.
It has to do with the latest Mac OS El Captian. They are working on it to resolve the issue.
Gladly, I have a good working copies of the Master and Slave SD's that I do not erase or replace just for instances such as these.
Attached below is the reply from Devialet tech. support for those who are interested.
Thanks.
David

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quincy Jam
Quincy James (Devialet)
Feb 2, 16:19

Dr David Tai,

Currently our Software team is trying to resolve and debug any known issues that is effecting the Configurator due to an OS El Capitan update.

Hopefully this will change soon. Please look forward to a future update soon on the website or your account.

For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Very odd. I've been using the most current version of El Capitan with no problems. I wonder if you might have some file permission problems? I know that El Capitan is supposed to correct permissions automatically but I wonder. I run a program called Cocktail just to be safe. It seems to correct permissions and clean caches. I wonder if you might try something along those lines?
I'd like to try it. Can you elaborate please?
I have cleared old caches and done whatever I think is affecting it. Permission is one option I have not tried.
The new disk utility in El Capitan does not have repair permission option.
Thank you.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Just a wild thought: is it to do with having other files and folders on the SD card?  I have got in the habit of removing all the hidden files and folders that OS X tends to create (.fseventd, .Spotlight-V100, .Trashes, and .DS_Store being the main offenders IIRC).  I think was because I ran into problems like yours, albeit some while ago, and read that the SD card had to be completely empty except for the dp_config.txt file.  Maybe that's not necessary with newer firmware.  This is a nuisance because I haven't yet found a simple way to do it, so I tend to use a sequence of commands in Terminal.

Another possibility is that the SD card socket(s) on your 800 is/are a bit flakey.  Past experience says they're not the most reliable thing at the best of times.  Occasionally I have to eject and re-insert the SD card to get my 400 to read it properly (both on the master and on the slave).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
thumb5: if you look at my earlier post there is a link to free program that will format any SD card and allow for overwriting all the data. I agree that the card should be empty although it will retain the Devialet name.
Giddy707: Why not download and run Cocktail? Here's a link to the program. l've been using it for years:
http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/
Hello avta - yes, I saw your post. In my experience it's not so much the formatting that's the problem so much as mounting it in Finder, when the hidden files are automatically (re-)created.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Feb-2016, 21:27)thumb5 Wrote: Hello avta - yes, I saw your post.  In my experience it's not so much the formatting that's the problem so much as mounting it in Finder, when the hidden files are automatically (re-)created.
not sure what you mean exactly. What I do is download the config file to the Desktop. I do this by following the directions on the Devialet download site. I also found it easier to use Firefox as the browser rather than Safari which I had problems with. Then I drag the config file to the SD card which is also on the desktop. Also, the SD card cannot be larger than 4 gigs.
I mean clarification on the permission part, using Cocktail to repair permission.
I'll download the app and try it tonight. is there anything I should be aware of?