Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction and Roon
This is good news for some Roon users.
Brian Luczkiewicz, CTO of Roon Labs says this about convolution in Roon:
"I think supporting user-provided convolution filters is a good idea. It's not technically very difficult. We have convolution (FIR) filters in the app already as an implementation detail of our sample rate conversions."
So we can probably expect Roon to support convolution. Very good for Acourate and Audiolense users, but not so good for Dirac users as Dirac does not allow creation of filters for use with other convolution engines (I checked this with Dirac support a couple of years ago). Maybe if Dirac worked with Roon to create the necessary protection of the Dirac filter code it could still be done? Dirac owners should push Dirac here Smile .
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(08-Jan-2016, 09:52)ogs Wrote: …. Very good for Acourate and Audiolense users, but not so good for Dirac users as Dirac does not allow creation of filters for use with other convolution engines (I checked this with Dirac support a couple of years ago).
….Maybe if Dirac worked with Roon to create the necessary protection of the Dirac filter code it could still be done? Dirac owners should push Dirac here Smile .

I posted that very notion on the CA Room Correction & DSP forum, as I don't think Dirac have their own one (but I know they watch there…..)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f23-ds...post499439

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<