Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A speaker the Devialet cannot drive...
(25-Apr-2016, 20:38)Duomike Wrote: There is another solution. This would reduce the efficiency of your speaker though. Add resistance to your speaker So the amp sees a higher impedance. Mundorfs makes power resistors with 20 watt rating. Get 8 pieces each 4 ohms. Use 4 on each side and use parellel and serial connecting so you still get 4 ohms but rating goes up to 80. Open you speakers and solder them directly between bindung post and xo board.

I had the opposite problem before. My previous amp had a switching outputstage and was flat into 6 ohms but quite bright sounding into my duos 16 ohms. Could have used the digital tone control function but this added quite a bit of edginess to the high frequncies. Soldered a 10 ohm mundorf power resistor accross the binding posts of my amp to reduces the impedance the amp sees. Worked like a charme and sounded a lot better than using digital tone control

Interesting idea. 
Does this product do the same thing?
http://www.zeroimpedance.com/box.html
Saw another similar product as above mentioned in May 2016 edition of Hi Fi Choice magazine: Spec Corporation RSP-501EX Real-Sound Processor.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Guess they will also do the job just fine but it adds another box and cables. There is a transformer inside and i doubt it will be sonically as transparent as the mundorf supreme resistors. Your esl are very revealing and I assume and you can hear the slightest degration of the signal.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner