Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie, 69, RIP
So sad. Just a new album was released and David Bowie passed away today from cancer.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

RIP,
Wow, a bad winter for losing iconic stars.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I'm stunned.
RIP David Bowie, one of my favourite artists of my youth.
It was only on Saturday that I was trying to convince my 23 year old daughter that she should borrow a couple of his albums as she would like him. I played Young Americans for her, and she said yes that sounds so modern.......he was ahead of his time and always innovative. A sad day.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Such a huge loss. Deeply saddened Sad

Legend that crossed generations... goodnight David Bowie
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Completely surprised about the news after having just launched Blackstar... Very sad, I didn't even know he had health issues. Big loss, rip!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Sad Sad
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I grew up in a house with two older brothers, both of which loved their music.  I was very young in the early 70's but thanks to the older bro's I was exposed to all the music you might expect from the era, Led Zeppelin, T-Rex, Pink Floyd and so on.  More often than not, it would be Bowie playing.  Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Station to Station formed the background music of my life from 5 years of age, it was quite simply always there from before I can remember.  This never really stopped, in my own teenage years I can remember a mate of mine coming 'round to listen to his new copy of "Scary Monsters".  This music has stayed with me all my life, I can still remember that first listen of "Scary Monsters", it was obviously Bowie, but sounded unique, thinking about it, if the album had somehow never been released had you heard it for the first time now, it would sound unique today.  I guess this is where genius lives. As to my music listening over the last year, Bowie has probably been played as much as anything else, I have always loved his music and always will.  Oddly enough, from an "audiophile" perspective I find a lot of the 70s material a little disappointing, the production often sounds a little lean and thin to me.  This doesn't stop this material being played though, I simply forget the audiophile nonsense, this stuff is listened to for the music.

Today I was listening to the many and various tributes to Bowie, together with clips of the music on the radio during my very slow Monday morning slog to work today.  I was more upset than I'd care to admit to, I felt that a little piece of my childhood, maybe my whole life had died.  It is not all sad though, his music will last forever.
Music is so emotive, relating and talking to us, capturing and bookmarking moments of our lives, we could all probably write our own autobiographies in songs and artists alone. Every fun time, every difficult time, every holiday has a song attached to it.

There is a real sense of loss and sadness when they leave us but they live on forever in their gift of music.
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England