Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(12-Jan-2016, 08:54)NickB Wrote: Received this reply from Devialet, possibly more positive?

Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jan 12, 07:49
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
We indeed have similar feedbacks from clients.
We don't have fixed news or plans at the moment for this but this topic is discussed internally at Devialet;
Should we have any announcement on it in the upcoming months we will of course let everyone know.
Please feel free to get back to us if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Océane Turpin
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support

Great news - well done all, that's a really good response.

IMO opinion, now is the time to just keep on hitting them with more requests - while there's interest all round. Wink

No word back on the Roon side yet about technical requirements…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(12-Jan-2016, 09:38)f1eng Wrote: What are the benefits of Roon?
I own a Meridian Sooloos Control 15 and I believe Roon is what Sooloos 3 would have been had everybody not expected the update to be free...
Anyway, the things Sooloos does (perhaps) well, such as suggesting a new song to listen to based on what is playing currently, are of no interest to me and the things I consider critical, such as useful tagging, ease of finding the work I wish to listen to, and playing each movement one after the other, it is the poorest of all that I have tried so far. I stopped using it months ago and should sell it I suppose.
If anybody can tell me what I am missing I will add my request to Devialet but at the moment I am not interested in Roon.

I guess Roon isn't for everyone, but personally, I was always frustrated by the ugliness of the interfaces on 'audiophile' music players, their often slightly 'weird' workflows, and the lack of proper integration of streaming services.  And none of the remotes really lived up to expectations either.

I've never had a Sooloos (you've been spoiled Wink ), but Roon is the first thing I've encountered that addresses all of the above, and then more.  I love the lyrics, I love the waveform, I love the simplicity, and I really love the way they've made it possible to explore through so many avenues - clicking on details about the artists, people they're similar too, people they've worked with, and following all the hyperlinks within Roon, seems to take me to places where I can explore new music and discover things I like a lot more easily.  Sometimes I get reality into it and explore a lot - in which case Roon is just amazing - and other times I just use it just to play my favourites.   Even in this scenario, I'm much happier doing it through a nice interface than an ugly one!  But what I like more than anything, is the fact that they're evolving it really quickly and taking user feedback onboard without letting go of their core values.  They just seem like a great bunch.

There are things I don't like about it, but they get less and less. I don't do much classical though, and I hear its got room for improvement there, but what I couldn't say.  What I do know is they're working on it, and it just keeps improving.  Multi-room control is around the corner (its there now if you've got certain hardware), as well as streaming to a lot of dedicated hardware via the same interface, which gives lots of options.

I guess I'm not a real audiophile (thankfully) as a nice interface is more important to me than extracting the last 0.001% in SQ (imaginary or otherwise), but I just love it.  Its so easy to use as well for anyone else wanting to play with the hifi - my wife really enjoys it and she hates all the faff that comes with audiophile stuff.

It works differently.  In fact, there are a few things that when I first used it I really didn't like.  But different isn't always bad, it just takes a while to acclimatise, and now I have I couldnt go back.

It may just not be for you, but if you haven't tried it for a while, it might be worth giving it another go as I know its come a long way…..

Just to add, I think its fair to say there's a good chance Roon will come the defacto high end player - at least in terms of user base. For that reason alone, it would be great to have Devialet's as RoonReady devices if possible, otherwise they may become less attractive for resale down the line.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I have also written to Devialet about ROON but not got any answer yet. 

I think in 2016 there will come a lot of ROON products, both ROON ready and products without the need for a computer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(12-Jan-2016, 09:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
I own a Meridian Sooloos Control 15 and I believe Roon is what Sooloos 3 would have been had everybody not expected the update to be free...
Anyway, the things Sooloos does (perhaps) well, such as suggesting a new song to listen to based on what is playing currently, are of no interest to me and the things I consider critical, such as useful tagging, ease of finding the work I wish to listen to, and playing each movement one after the other, it is the poorest of all that I have tried so far. I stopped using it months ago and should sell it I suppose.
If anybody can tell me what I am missing I will add my request to Devialet but at the moment I am not interested in Roon.

I guess Roon isn't for everyone, but personally, I was always frustrated by the ugliness of the interfaces on 'audiophile' music players, their often slightly 'weird' workflows, and the lack of proper integration of streaming services.  And none of the remotes really lived up to expectations either.

I've never had a Sooloos (you've been spoiled Wink ), but Roon is the first thing I've encountered that addresses all of the above, and then more.  I love the lyrics, I love the waveform, I love the simplicity, and I really love the way they've made it possible to explore through so many avenues - clicking on details about the artists, people they're similar too, people they've worked with, and following all the hyperlinks within Roon, seems to take me to places where I can explore new music and discover things I like a lot more easily.  Sometimes I get reality into it and explore a lot - in which case Roon is just amazing - and other times I just use it just to play my favourites.   Even in this scenario, I'm much happier doing it through a nice interface than an ugly one!  But what I like more than anything, is the fact that they're evolving it really quickly and taking user feedback onboard without letting go of their core values.  They just seem like a great bunch.

There are things I don't like about it, but they get less and less. I don't do much classical though, and I hear its got room for improvement there, but what I couldn't say.  What I do know is they're working on it, and it just keeps improving.  Multi-room control is around the corner (its there now if you've got certain hardware), as well as streaming to a lot of dedicated hardware via the same interface, which gives lots of options.

I guess I'm not a real audiophile (thankfully) as a nice interface is more important to me than extracting the last 0.001% in SQ (imaginary or otherwise), but I just love it.  Its so easy to use as well for anyone else wanting to play with the hifi - my wife really enjoys it and she hates all the faff that comes with audiophile stuff.

It works differently.  In fact, there are a few things that when I first used it I really didn't like.  But different isn't always bad, it just takes a while to acclimatise, and now I have I couldnt go back.

It may just not be for you, but if you haven't tried it for a while, it might be worth giving it another go as I know its come a long way…..

Just to add, I think its fair to say there's a good chance Roon will come the defacto high end player - at least in terms of user base.  For that reason alone, it would be great to have Devialet's as RoonReady devices if possible, otherwise they may become less attractive for resale down the line.

Hi

I think you were interested in room correction - not sure if you saw this post by Brian on Roon forum.

"I expect that we will fix that limitation at the same time as when we release the first DSP enhancement features. Basically everything we are thinking about (MQA decoding, room correction, headphone processing, up-sampling, and EQ) wants to be configured in an endpoint-specific manner."

In this thread.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/mqa-sup...roon/88/40

Thought you might find it useful and also to those who would like Devialet to include room correction.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(12-Jan-2016, 12:55)NickB Wrote: Hi

I think you were interested in room correction - not sure if you saw this post by Brian on Roon forum.

"I expect that we will fix that limitation at the same time as when we release the first DSP enhancement features. Basically everything we are thinking about (MQA decoding, room correction, headphone processing, up-sampling, and EQ) wants to be configured in an endpoint-specific manner."

In this thread.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/mqa-sup...roon/88/40

Thought you might find it useful and also to those who would like Devialet to include room correction.

Nick

Thanks Nick - yes I was.

Honestly, I was really hoping for a nicely integrated Dirac solution - purely based on the laziness factor as that's what I use now, but also it's the only one that can be run and setup on a Mac, as well as being pretty easy to use - but something is better than nothing! Great to see the way those guys progress things, and how they interact with the community. The pace of their progress is also impressive.

Roon is about UI with your stored or streamed music and intelligent meta data. So I understand why it is attractive for servers etc. (Dialog?) but I do not get why it is relevant to DACs including Devialet's expert line. Another question would be MQA which would be only fully interesting if it would be an end to end solution i.e. recording to DAC. I downloaded a sample from 2L.no and it plays as 24/44.1 via Audirvana+ but the 24/96 version sounded better. So likely it has to be decoded at the DAC level to fulfill its promise but i have not seen any reaction to MQA from Devialet.
(12-Jan-2016, 17:49)Music or sound Wrote: Roon is about UI with your stored or streamed music and intelligent meta data. So I understand why it is attractive for servers etc. (Dialog?) but I do not get why it is relevant to DACs including Devialet's expert line. Another question would be MQA which would be only fully interesting if it would be an end to end solution i.e. recording to DAC. I downloaded a sample from 2L.no and it plays as 24/44.1 via Audirvana+ but the 24/96 version sounded better. So likely it has to be decoded at the DAC level to fulfill its promise but i have not seen any reaction to MQA from Devialet.

That appears to be because MQA have not given out a standard to work to, so it might be a bit difficult at the moment !!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
After trying ROON ready on my Auralic Aries I can only say that it would be very nice with it built in the Devialet.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Just for those who want a working solution today (which I use since yesterday)

1.) Get an Aries (go for the more expensive one with the LPS)
2.) Connect it to Your Devialet via AES connection
3.) Start Roon on Your PC/MAC
4.) Have fun using RAAT by selecting the Aries as the target
PS.: The sound is absolutely awesome on my D400 Wink, clean, crisp and detailed
PPS.: Don´t wait for no reason, as time is always now!

You are simpy missing the best audiophile product of the year. A completely new way to access and experience your music and streaming (Tidal only right now). The good news: You can test it for free for 14 days. I´m pretty sure You don´t want to miss out on it.