Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning the Devialet
Hi Guys, maybe a really stupid question. But how do you guys keep you're beloved Devialet clean? When i don't regularly polish de Devialet with a dust towel there are all kinds of little brown spots on the Devialet. Then i have to polish really good to brush them away. Anyone using a special kind of cleaning material?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Devialet recommend only using the cloth they supply.

I have used AF Screen Clene and AF Foamclene when I had my 800s - not used anything on the Od'A yet.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Jan-2016, 13:24)KraaijCheck Wrote: Hi Guys, maybe a really stupid question. But how do you guys keep you're beloved Devialet clean? When i don't regularly polish de Devialet with a dust towel there are all kinds of little brown spots on the Devialet. Then i have to polish really good to brush them away. Anyone using a special kind of cleaning material?
I know Your problem. The best solution IMO is a self hand made mix of pure 96% rectified spirit and water (60% water and 40% of spirit)

For cleaning use Devialet supplied cloath soaked a little with this spirit/water mix. In 2-3 minutes all chasis will be like a new one;-)

After cleaning use another microfiber cloath for polishing. Best ones are Microfiber cloth for cleaning lenses
I've never used anything other than a microfiber cloth and if it's really bad some cooled down boiled water. No detergents, soap, glasscleaner or anything.
I do wonder where those spots come from though.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(18-Jan-2016, 13:19)Eddye Wrote: I've never used anything other than a microfiber cloth and if it's really bad some cooled down boiled water. No detergents, soap, glasscleaner or anything.

Maybe due to the heat?
(18-Jan-2016, 13:44)samurai7595 Wrote:
(18-Jan-2016, 13:19)Eddye Wrote: I've never used anything other than a microfiber cloth and if it's really bad some cooled down boiled water. No detergents, soap, glasscleaner or anything.

Maybe due to the heat?

Could be of course, but I doubt it. Mine has never been above 50 degrees Celsius.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(18-Jan-2016, 13:57)Eddye Wrote:

Maybe due to the heat?

Could be of course, but I doubt it. Mine has never been above 50 degrees Celsius.
I use plain water and a microfibre cloth which is advertised as a glass cleaning cloth.  I would be keeping an eye on those spots and it wouldn't hurt to let Devialet know as it may be a known problem.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(18-Jan-2016, 14:22)Axel Wrote:
(18-Jan-2016, 13:57)Eddye Wrote:
(18-Jan-2016, 13:44)samurai7595 Wrote: Maybe due to the heat?

I use plain water and a microfibre cloth which is advertised as a glass cleaning cloth.  I would be keeping an eye on those spots and it wouldn't hurt to let Devialet know as it may be a known problem.

It's not a discoloration or such. If I were a smoker I'd blame nicotine/tar, but I don't smoke. Even without water it's not hard to get rid of, so I don't think it's a problem with the unit itself.

The Netherlands

Maybe due to the heat?

This was my idea as well.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
See also the existing topic with the same title... http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=333
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands