Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
I also received a Silver Phantom that had a crack on that exakt place like the pictures above. My Phantom got som other marks from transport so the shop took it back and will replace it with a new.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(28-Aug-2016, 18:52)Claus Wrote: I have the same issue with cracks on both my Silver Phantoms Sad. There is a crack on each speaker basically in the same area. Because of this, I am sure it is a manufacturing defect. I have sent pictures to the shop from where I bought the speakers a few months ago and they would forward them to Devialet.

[Image: Unknown.png]
[Image: Unknown-1.png]

Devialet support told me it was a manufacturing defect on some specific production time around the beginning of 2016. Did you got any information from them?
Claus, when did you purchase your Phantoms? And did the cracks show up immediately? Or only after months?

Thanks!
I have the same cracks on both of my phantom silver too, almost the exact same spot on both of them and same spot with Claus above.

I found out the cracks just now because i want to peel off the red caution-label thing. its funny how the red label covered the cracks the whole time on both silver phantom. I got the  the first silver phantom in Sep 2015, then the other one with the dialog in Jan 2016. Kind of heart broken, they still works. But still.

Left one:

Right one:

Just checked mine and i too have this crack in the exact same position under the red sticker. I bought mine online so I'm not sure if i can get a replacement as it wasn't bought from an official dealer.
Im gutted to say the least. On saying that,it doesn't seem to be affecting the sound. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. Maybe its the glue off the sticker, I've heard a similar thing happens to motorbike helmets if you cover them in stickers.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
WTF !!! i just read this topics and removed the red sticker and guess what !!?? i have a crack too.
It was there all the time since i bought it ! and the crack was there too under the sticker that i took it off very carefully....
Edit:
Wow i have this crack on my both Speakers, one is barely visible...
How funny this crack is hidden by a sticker...

Can we all (the Phantom owners) check this issue and make an (whatever but not legal) action against Devialet ?
i too just checked mine and cracks on all four of my silvers. all at the previous location of the sticker. even though I took off the stickers the day the arrived.
obviously it has to do with the glue of the stickers.
If it's a manufacturing defect they should definitely recall them all. It would just be a case of replacing the RHS plastic casing.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
^ i agree it's a manufacturing flaw and the sticker has nothing to do with it.
Intouch1, thanks for you return.
At least we can contact the support and tell them it's not the customer's fault.
(04-Sep-2016, 14:23)daibaron Wrote: ^ i agree it's a manufacturing flaw and the sticker has nothing to do with it.
Intouch1, thanks for you return.
At least we can contact the support and tell them it's not the customer's fault.

Shock! Horror! Are you suggesting that they put the sticker over the crack to cover it up?  Sad
Surely not!  Confused
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England