Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
I think we need to get Inspector Clouseau on the case.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(04-Sep-2016, 14:23)daibaron Wrote: ^ i agree it's a manufacturing flaw and the sticker has nothing to do with it.
Intouch1, thanks for you return.
At least we can contact the support and tell them it's not the customer's fault.

not the sticker itself, but the glue could have interacted with the plastic (ABS Plastic?)

its is certainly no coincidence that all speakers seem to have that hair crack where once the sticker was located.

furthermore, I doubt devialet will do a recall, cause I have a feeling that this issue affects all the speakers delivered so far....unless they switched to a different kind of glue at some stage after they have noticed or received reports of the fault.
If it's proven that the sticker is responsible for the cracks, then this could potentially be a very costly mistake for Devialet. Very costly. Red stickers and faces all round!  Blush
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Frankly, i don't care if this is going to be costly for them, I always take care of my stuff because i want to keep them functional and in near meant condition for the second hand market.
I don't want to lose this chance because of Devialet.

^ I don't know if it is proven that the sticker is the cause.

(30-Aug-2016, 00:01)dmitrek Wrote:
(28-Aug-2016, 18:52)Claus Wrote: I have the same issue with cracks on both my Silver Phantoms Sad. There is a crack on each speaker basically in the same area. Because of this, I am sure it is a manufacturing defect. I have sent pictures to the shop from where I bought the speakers a few months ago and they would forward them to Devialet.
Devialet support told me it was a manufacturing defect on some specific production time around the beginning of 2016. Did you got any information from them?

(03-Sep-2016, 11:23)taiwah.wicky@gmail.com Wrote: I have the same cracks on both of my phantom silver too, almost the exact same spot on both of them and same spot with Claus above.

I found out the cracks just now because i want to peel off the red caution-label thing. its funny how the red label covered the cracks the whole time on both silver phantom. I got the the first silver phantom in Sep 2015, then the other one with the dialog in Jan 2016. Kind of heart broken, they still works. But still.
I have the same problem.  Cracked Phantom (Serial H40...)   Not cracked Phantom H34...
A question to those with cracked Phantom: Were/are your Phantoms always connected to the power surge? Maybe when they are switched off or unplugged often the thermal changes and resulting thermal stress are higher and could lead to these cracks. So far my 3 Phantoms have no cracks and are always on or stand-by more or less at same temperature. I have two with early serial numbers H08 and one H41. From time to time I listen at high volume (70 and up). So listening loud might not be a reason that develops cracks and maybe also not aging as two of mine I have since March 2015.
Mines are J01 and J06
I called Devialet support team this morning and i sent them pictures of the cracked Phantoms.
I look forward to hear from them and will update this thread as soon as i know more.
It becomes bigger over the time, by the way. Once started with a hair-thin crack now it's a really noticable large crack 6-7cm in length.
Hi guys! I haven't posted anything on this forum before, but I feel like I just have to tell you about what just happened. A couple days ago 1 of my 2 beloved silver phantoms got knocked of its 100cm stand and face planted on the floor. It got a big dent and the sound was pretty fucked, and I have no insurance that would cover this. Today I wrote to Devialet and told them about my accident to hear about the possibility of getting it repaired. I also told them that Ive noticed tiny cracks on top of my other silver phantom, but I didn't bother to mention that actually both had the same tiny cracks, since I damaged it further by my own fault. They replied and asked if both the speakers had the same cracks, regardless of the damage from the fall. I told them yes, and the next thing they say is that they will replace both my silver phantoms with brand new ones FOR FREE! Even though I broke one of them my self. I literally cried of happiness! Ive read a lot of bad things about Devialet customer support, but this proves that they are a company that truly care about their customers! I hope you all will get treated the same way.
(05-Sep-2016, 16:28)thomasbjerke Wrote: Hi guys! I haven't posted anything on this forum before, but I feel like I just have to tell you about what just happened. A couple days ago 1 of my 2 beloved silver phantoms got knocked of its 100cm stand and face planted on the floor. It got a big dent and the sound was pretty fucked, and I have no insurance that would cover this. Today I wrote to Devialet and told them about my accident to hear about the possibility of getting it repaired. I also told them that Ive noticed tiny cracks on top of my other silver phantom, but I didn't bother to mention that actually both had the same tiny cracks, since I damaged it further by my own fault. They replied and asked if both the speakers had the same cracks, regardless of the damage from the fall. I told them yes, and the next thing they say is that they will replace both my silver phantoms with brand new ones FOR FREE! Even though I broke one of them my self. I literally cried of happiness! Ive read a lot of bad things about Devialet customer support, but this proves that they are a company that truly care about their customers! I hope you all will get treated the same way.

That sounds like a very favourable outcome. Nice to hear something positive for a change.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England