Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid Oval K1 choice?
forget about the dimensions, the speakers are no boxes. The width e.g. is the width of the oval stand, the speaker itself is much smaller. The front surface looks pretty slim. The volume is hidden very well, they should not look bigger than your Triangles.
(21-Jan-2016, 13:36)hrky_zmaj Wrote:
(21-Jan-2016, 08:23)Vivialet Wrote: I guess there are speakers with more bass extension, but the precision and impact is very good. On the other hand the vivid speakers belong to the most musical ones which is more important for me than some bass extension. And if you want more bass extension you can easily integrate a sub with the Devialet which will be a much better solution for a small room. Buy a sub with room correction and filter the Vivids at 60 or 80Hz. That avoids all room resonances for this room size.

There is lot of bass extension with vivid k1, especially now when there is SAM profile for it and there is NO need for any kind of subwoofer. Vivid K1 is extremely fast and musical , so any kind of sub integration will be huge mistake ending with destroyed  K1's magic! K1 & sub ---> NOT rrecomended.

-- 
Regards, Hrky

I agree, you don't need a sub, but a sub can help to correct room resonances. And a good sub integrates very well, my B&W DB1 is increasing the magic of my Giya G2. Of course you need a very good sub, no cheap home cinema woofer.