Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Optical inputs - SB3 not happy
Optical Inputs - I've found so far my trusty ole Squeezebox v3 (SB3) does not like feeding the dialog optical input. (not tried feeding one of the phantoms yet, but will try it). The symptom is that it hangs or reboots frequently.  When I feed my DAC (apogee mini-dac) it runs for days with the same files and same network. I have also tried putting the SB3 on a different network.  At first I thought the SB was dying, but after further testing its solid. I'm guessing the optical timing is just different enough that it causes the SB3 to burp.  I've tried a couple of different cables that have always just worked.  I know the SB3s a little long in the tooth but no need to fix what's not broken - or is it.? At this point the only thing that has really changed is the Devialet gear. I'm using another digital player on the dialog and a PC feeding one of the Phantoms via optical input and that works ok.

Long shot - Has anyone else seen anything similar - or is specifically using a SB3 with the devialet gear?

regards
scott-
I have been using the TOSlink output from my SBT directly linked to a single Phantom with no problems.  Because it is just a single Phantom, I am not using a Dialog.  Have you tried to feed a single Phantom w/o the Dialog in the path? Rather than the stock SBT image, I am running soundcheck's Touch Toolbox 3.0 image, with Digital Only Output turned on.  Maybe this makes a difference?
I have squeezebox v3s in my home, but have not used them with my Phantoms yet. Now that you mention this issue, I'll give it a try with Dialog this weekend and see if it is stable.