Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold sound
My dealer is located far away.. So it is not possible. But I will go the sittings through with him over the phone tomorrow
I think any dealer who has took a large order off you should come out and listen to it in your home. I say this as I am not so sure that burn in is going to make the huge difference you appear to need.

You have spent a lot of cash and it's a real shame you are not enjoying it. In over a year of being on this forum I think it's the first time someone had had issues like you have.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'm inclined to think something is wrong and this is not a break in issue. I have a 120, which of course is a different model, but it sounded fine brand new. How about stripping down your system to see if you can isolate the problem. For example use one unit ( I imagine one unit is a master ) connect it to a computer via USB and play some iTunes internet radio. Remove all other inputs to the Devialet. Sound reasonable? You might also redo your configuration file so as to be sure all is fresh. I would use the newest firmware.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
TDA, 'worst-case' if you can't get the dealer out, perhaps you could take it to them, or anyone nearer you who also has a Devialet, and compare to another unit? Otherwise you have no way of knowing whether there's a problem/fault or not.

TBH when I first got my Devialet I thought it sounded pretty thin, and in a way I still do compared to my previous kit - I think the Devialet has a much more pin sharp treble than anything Id heard before. In my specific case, I think PMC Facts don't do anything to soften it, and as things turned out I really needed a bit of room correction to balance things out in what became a pretty revealing and unforgiving system. The last few weeks since RC, Ive had moments of really loving the sound.

All that said, I don't think the unit changed very much sound-wsie during the time I've had it from new - most changes were caused by me.
I would say if you really dont like the sound to the degree you say - either the unit is faulty, your room/system isn't playing ball now you have a more revealing amp, or there's some configuration amiss. Outside of that of course theres the chance that you just don't like how it sounds?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks for all the inputs.. And I must apologize for letting my frustration come out in this forum.

I will strip down all and reassembled again..
Hang in there. We've all been there. You'll get it figured out.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(21-Jan-2016, 21:14)avta Wrote: Hang in there. We've all been there. You'll get it figured out.

Thanks.. It's off course very helpful that I have you guys in here to support..
short update..

i bumped up the treble to +2 from the standard set point at 2000 khz.. and reduced the bass with -4,5 at the standart 100 khz..

this improved the sound in a good way. My bass is not that booming now, and my upper mids are more open. some voices are still very bright and on that point it hasn't improved..

i hope that when the amp's are more burned in, that there will be no need of these adjustments..
How are the speakers positioned? I figure you used the speakers before in the same position? Bass boominess can of course be alterd by re-positioning, usually away from the wall.
Do the SR6's have a switch on the back to alter frequencies for smaller rooms? I recall my Si3s had one and it was quite easy to flip it by mistake. It sounded awful in small-room mode even though I have a small room. I can imagine maybe the designers didn't think anyone would out SR6's in a small room so it might not have this facility?
(25-Jan-2016, 14:24)Rufus McDufus Wrote: How are the speakers positioned? I figure you used the speakers before in the same position? Bass boominess can of course be alterd by re-positioning, usually away from the wall.
Do the SR6's have a switch on the back to alter frequencies for smaller rooms? I recall my Si3s had one and it was quite easy to flip it by mistake. It sounded awful in small-room mode even though I have a small room. I can imagine maybe the designers didn't think anyone would out SR6's in a small room so it might not have this facility?

i have moved the speakers more into the room. the are about 40 cm from the wall which is max.  my room is not that big, so that is ofcourse not a fault by the speaker.
only the buyer Big Grin

the SR6 does not have that switch. Could have been nice. i will try more with this positioning.