Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bel Canto ACI600
Anyone seen/heard know anything about the new Bel Canto Black Integrated ACI600?

Custom Ncore amps (300w/8ohm)
Pretty much does everything the Dev can do, i think?
Digital/Analogue inputs
Phono Inputs
Can control via remote or app

$25kUS price?

Wonder how this compares to a D800, or Aavik U300.
probably they use cheap NC500 mudules..... Im just guessing
Judging it on it's specs it should be very good! Compared to this the Devialet Expert range is very dated, especially on the digital input side of things.

I've owned my Devialet since feb 2012 (initially D-Premier and later upgraded to 250) so I'm not complaining but anything I would buy today should have at least these specs.

http://www.belcantodesign.com/home/black...ed/aci600/

Roon Ready, MQA and room correction coming. Also:

"All source inputs are asynchronously re-clocked into the fully balanced advanced segment DAC measuring below 0.0005% distortion and 127dB of dynamic range. By stripping away the source clock and using Bel Canto’s custom ULN master clock circuitry we significantly reduces both jitter and distortion preserving the delicate audio signals from all sources. "

"Asynchronous ethernet streaming connects you to the most compelling musical source control environment and streaming audio experience with the highest sonic performance. Bel Canto’s proprietary asynchronous ethernet supports high resolution files up to 24bits at 384KS/s and DSD256 in a NAS (networked attached storage) environment or subscription streaming service, delivering the most accurate and detailed signal transfer making it the highest performance digital source option.

Asynchronous Digital AES, RCA and TOS link inputs all operate at 24/192Ks.

Asynchronous USB2.0 Audio is compatible with any PCM source up to 24/348 and DSD 256. Windows-based computers require our custom driver. USB2.0 works natively in OSX.

RS232 is designed to support easy integration with sophisticated whole house control systems."
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I agree with Antoine... some impressive specs!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Jan-2016, 12:25)dr.sah Wrote: probably they use cheap NC500 mudules.....  Im just guessing

Interesting how they mention class A for the 3 chassis amp but no mention of what type of amplification is used in the integrated. You're probably right, otherwise they would have mentioned it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Jan-2016, 17:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 12:25)dr.sah Wrote: probably they use cheap NC500 mudules.....  Im just guessing

Interesting how they mention class A for the 3 chassis amp but no mention of what type of amplification is used in the integrated. You're probably right, otherwise they would have mentioned it.

3 chassis amp has Ncore NC1200 modules inside.
(22-Jan-2016, 21:06)dr.sah Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 17:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

What's special about those? Can you tell us more about them?

Thanks 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Jan-2016, 21:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 21:06)dr.sah Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 17:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Interesting how they mention class A for the 3 chassis amp but no mention of what type of amplification is used in the integrated. You're probably right, otherwise they would have mentioned it.

What's special about those? Can you tell us more about them?

Thanks 

Guillaume

It easily gets rather technical. The NC1200s are very expensive. Here is a link to a review of a different amp but it contains good intro information. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acous...ery/1.html
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.

Not sure what you mean by cheap. When it comes to Bruno Putzey's digital amps, his 'cheaper' versions as far as i'm aware was they Hypex module. His higher stuff is NCore. There are Ncore400's and his all out assault is the Ncore1200's (400w/8ohm).

Other manufacturers have used the NC1200 (Veritas for example) and the price is roughly $12k for mono amps. If you go for Bruno's own NCore1200 based amps (Mola Mola Kaluga's) the price is up around $20k for mono's. The NCore400's are used in the cheaper Veritas amps i think. The NCore modules are not 'cheap' when compared to competing class d modules.

It sounds like Bel Canto are using the NCore1200's in their 3 box $50k Black series, and a custom version Ncore in theirr $25k integrated.

I have had an extensive home demo of the Mola Mola Kaluga mono amps (NCore1200's). I tried them along with the matching Mola Mola Makua preamp. I gave them a try as i feel my single D200 is a little underpowered. That natural thing would be to buy another D200 and go mono 400, but before investing that extra money i thought i'd see what else is around. To give a quick summary, The kaluga's did pretty much the same as the D200 for the first 70% but just had a heap more power, meaning as i turned up the sound they just kept producing sound with no strain or breakdown of quality. For the same output i notice the D200 starting to fall away.

Now that the Bel Canto has popped up, it's around the same money as 2 x D200's so it's in the mix. If it's amps produce 300w/8ohm that's a nice amount (i know what 400w of Ncore sounds like). It has pretty much everything that the devialet has/can do, and seems like can do more? It also seems like the tech is now more advanced in areas than the Devialet.

I think it's worth a look compared to the D400. It's roughly the same footprint as 2 D200's stacked as well.

Is there anything obvious that i'm missing from the specs?
Yes, D400 has much more power than a D200, but the biggest improvements are elsewhere in my humble opinion. I would recommend trying a D400 at home before making any decisions.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland