Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good timing for buying a D200 today?
(08-Feb-2016, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Beautiful room and system k1282.  How 'toddler proof' are the Sopras - do they hare hard grilles? I think they're too big for me but such things will soon be important in my house too...

Confused - you calling him untidy?! Wink Wink

Funny you are asking me that. Buying new speakers had to be baby proof indeed, which is why I went with focal in the first place. The do not have stretched piece of cloth for covering speakers, instead, it is a plastic grid which is covered in cloth, so you cannot push through the cloth and harm the speakers.

The only concern is that they are magnetic but it is easy to fix them with some good looking  duck tape. 

Also the sopra are very heavy and solid which is impossible for a kid to flip the over, not for their first 2-3 years at least and after that I I do not worry anymore as they will understand what "no" actually means.

One could worry about the chassis in terms of painting and scribbling on it but there are two options: either you let him paint on the chassis and keep it as nostalgic value or you put some neat foil on it as is the case with cars to day that have a matte finish. When they grow up you can pull of the foil.

You see, focals are "baby proof" Wink
(07-Feb-2016, 13:08)k1282 Wrote: and here are some pics of the 3 beauties

Is it a Berlin backyard that I can see in the background of pic3? It just looks so familiar to me Big Grin .

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(15-Feb-2016, 10:07)yabaVR Wrote:

Is it a Berlin backyard that I can see in the background of pic3? It just looks so familiar to me Big Grin .

gui

it totally is, you creep Wink
Very nice, k1282. The white finish is elegant and striking, without being too bold (like the red/orange).

I like the "Penthouse flat, with stunning views...." poster Smile
(15-Feb-2016, 10:21)k1282 Wrote:

gui

Nice. Good thing to know someone out of the same area here. Makes me feel like home on the net somehow Big Grin
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(15-Feb-2016, 10:21)k1282 Wrote:

gui

Glad I stayed quiet, I was going to plump for Amsterdam...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(05-Feb-2016, 22:46)k1282 Wrote: and everything has been setup and i am a happy owner of a Sopra 2 D200 combo.

totally amazed by the visible, hearable and feelable upgrade. I am glad I made that purchasing decision. again thanks for all your assistance guys.

Hello everyone I read your post how are your sopras doing with 200 I am having 1038 be Electra and now looking for upgrade 
Already purchased one companion 200 to make my rig 400 and now eying for sopra or Scalia v2. Not to miss out , I was too too happy with my focal Electra 1038.
I did listen to the Electra 1038 first, actually.

But there was a huge difference in sound stage between the electra and sopra. the sopra sound felt more voluminous, maybe it was because the sopras are taller than the electra, as i was listening to both from the same listening spot.

Suddenly zou just didnt enjoy listetning to music with the electra but you also felt music with the sopra. Just perfect speakers for my taste.

I also listened to the Sopras with 200 and 400, and didnt notice any difference actually, so I went with e D200 at the end.
i have a 200 for sale (nov 2014), location singapore, complete with double box ready to ship.. email me: adolfo.laguardia@gmail.com Smile
reason for selling: funding for my 250 upgrade.. haha
(11-Oct-2016, 03:55)noblewolf Wrote: i have a 200 for sale (nov 2014), location singapore, complete with double box ready to ship.. email me: adolfo.laguardia@gmail.com Smile
reason for selling: funding for my 250 upgrade.. haha

Can you place your ad in the For Sale section please?

Thanks

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK