Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cables for Devialet D200
Hi again everyone!

I have a Devialet coming to me!  I have heard that the cables make a pretty significant difference with the Devialet.  I have a Transparent Premium USB. Any recommendations for a power cable?  Does the optical cable make much a difference? As long as the fibers are clean I would be surprised if that would make a difference. 

Best regards,
Stephen
Have a look here:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=7
(29-Jan-2016, 14:16)Stephen_V Wrote: Hi again everyone!

I have a Devialet coming to me!  I have heard that the cables make a pretty significant difference with the Devialet.  I have a Transparent Premium USB. Any recommendations for a power cable?  Does the optical cable make much a difference? As long as the fibers are clean I would be surprised if that would make a difference. 

Best regards,
Stephen

I would not say that cables make a significant difference with Devialet, but I do own expensive cables ..
Get you dev at home first.. Then decide if it necessary.. I am in the same situation. I am waiting for mine to break in before spending more money
IMO power cables make no difference at all, assuming they're not faulty.

There are no instances of people being able to distinguish between different power cables in blind tests. That tells you everything you need to know.

Cheers

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(31-Jan-2016, 19:28)Jwg174 Wrote: IMO power cables make no difference at all, assuming they're not faulty.

There are no instances of people being able to distinguish between different power cables in blind tests. That tells you everything you need to know.

Cheers

Matt

Can, open, worms everywhere. I suggest you put on you tin hat and duck down in the trench!!!!!!!!

INCOMING Wink Cool Big Grin Tongue
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(31-Jan-2016, 20:28)NickB Wrote:
(31-Jan-2016, 19:28)Jwg174 Wrote: IMO power cables make no difference at all, assuming they're not faulty.

Cheers

Matt

Can, open, worms everywhere. I suggest you put on you tin hat and duck down in the trench!!!!!!!!

INCOMING Wink Cool Big Grin Tongue
I know what you mean, Nick. There are some very strange beliefs on this forum. OTOH I sense things are becoming a bit more diverse: the party line ("everything makes a difference!") is breaking down, and more people are open to common sense.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Cables do make a difference, I tried removing all mine, suddenly nothing worked.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I think speaker cables make more of a difference than power cables on Devialets.

Got a big improvement from the Audience Au24 SX speaker cables, I just installed.
For me? Cables often make a difference. Construction, material, science and careful manufacturing most often result in better sound. That doesn't mean that cables have to be silly expensive.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.