Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Speakers - something *unconventional*
Jamo R909? It's not a box, not small though.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(31-Jan-2016, 23:15)Confused Wrote: Jamo R909?  It's not a box, not small though.

Shame there's not a slightly more miniature version...... Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(01-Feb-2016, 21:28)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-Jan-2016, 23:15)Confused Wrote: Jamo R909?  It's not a box, not small though.

Shame there's not a slightly more miniature version...... Wink

Sad to say, open baffle speakers (which have an awful lot going for them) depend on a wide baffle. I'd love a pair of the Jamos if I had space. In fact, when I retire, one of my projects will be to build some OB speakers, just for the hell of it.  Smile

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Boenicke makes some unusual designs?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Photo 
vivid G3's.. amazing looking .. a conversation piece and best of all.. totoally mind blowing sound..

[Image: Vivid-Audio-G3.jpg]
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(15-Feb-2016, 07:06)Rodney Gold Wrote: vivid G3's.. amazing looking .. a conversation piece and best of all.. totoally mind blowing sound..

[Image: Vivid-Audio-G3.jpg]

I would love to try the G3 (assuming thats the smallest one).

I think they look amazing, but they're outside my price bracket new, and are super rare second hand.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

G4 is the smallest , but IMHO the G3 is the best "all rounder"
hifishark has a g3 2nd hand at $9500 .. but I think thats a mistake or a scam
http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=giya+g3
the K1/b1 is also a consideration.. but the looks might not appeal
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(15-Feb-2016, 11:53)Rodney Gold Wrote: G4 is the smallest , but IMHO the G3 is the best "all rounder"
hifishark has a g3 2nd hand at $9500 .. but I think thats a mistake or a scam
http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=giya+g3
the K1/b1  is also a consideration.. but the looks might not appeal

Thanks Rodney. I think I measured up that the G4 would be the only workable solution, but the shapes are so unusual that depending on the colour maybe the G3 would work. All a bit academic as the G3's definitely out of my budget, and like you say when they do come up the ads mostly look a bit dodgy like the one in your link….. Wink

Saw these

http://www.dagogo.com/pureaudioproject-t...ker-review

And thought of your thread.

I'm sure they make smaller ones too?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Mbl 121 used, superb 3D sound. Excel at classical and Jazz?
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.