Poll: Which Option Would Make Sense?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Trade in my analog setup and current streamer for a higher-end streamer like the Aurender N10.
22.22%
4 22.22%
Trade in my analog setup and speakers for a pair of Focal Sopra 2.
55.56%
10 55.56%
Trade in my analog setup for a Devialet 200 companion but I wouldn’t really need the added power (with my current speakers) or additional inputs.
16.67%
3 16.67%
Other, please see my reply.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Setup Would You Suggest?
As per a previous poll I started on The Vinyl Thread (Devialet Chat forum), I barely use my analog setup ever since I’ve gotten into streaming.

My listening room is roughly 12ft x 13ft (3.5m x 3.9m) and with my current set-up, I’m very pleased with the sound but since I’m looking at downsizing and getting rid of equipment I barely/don’t use (we will be moving into a much smaller home or small condo due to a medical condition), I’d like to use the money (plus add a little more) to get more from my system.  I really enjoy streaming my FLAC music files and my wife still likes using the CD player & the Sonos for Internet radio.  

In discussing my issue with a local retailer, he offered me some interesting options as per the poll.  Looking at my system (signature block), which option would make the most sense?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?
I'd say go for the Focal's. One caveat, you should check that a D200 can drive them properly first.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Nice one:

I'm new to the Deviate, but no sense that i need more power at this moment.... the AIR is working fine for now (need to put power on Deviate / macbook / devialete app in the right order to make it last)...
If the Sopra are the best speakers for your new room they would be my priority. I think that getting the right speakers for your taste in your room is the most important piece of the puzzle, followed by room correction and/or treatment, amplification, sources, cables, etc. However I'd wait to hear the options in your new room before making a final decision. Would your dealer take your analog pieces in trade before you move and then let you listen to the options in your new room before purchasing anything?
(01-Feb-2016, 14:24)Confused Wrote: I'd say go for the Focal's.  One caveat, you should check that a D200 can drive them properly first.

I just looked them up. The Sopras have a 91dB sensitivity; ProAc 89dB. So in your room they should be fine. Awesome looking speaker too... in the right colour.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Get the Sopra's 2 and tell us how they sound. I wanted some to replace my 1028BEs but then I moved into a Condo.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Listen to the Sopras first. They are fine (I almost bought a pair) speakers but they may not be your ticket to nirvana. If you still have LPs, keep your turntable. :-)
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
i have a similar size room and assumed that the Sopras might be too big for the room?
would love to hear that they're not
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Why not keep Bryston BDP, CD-player and Sonos, and sell Rega? You got a really good pair of ProAc speakers, and the Focal Sopra might be to big for your room. At least take them home for a test before you make your decision. 400 is not just about power it has a lower noise floor, if this will give you better SQ worth the price? Test it
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D