Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gijs' System
(29-Mar-2016, 18:04)samurai7595 Wrote: Very nice setup, congrats!

Thank you Samurai!
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

Made a couple of changes lately. First i was able to purchase a second D200 from a friend who moved on to greener pastures. As i didn't have a link cable i ordered a Audioquest Diamond custom RCA to AES digital interlink. Finally i swapped my Audioquest Vodka RJ/E cables for Audioquest Diamond RJ/E's. 

Serious improvement over my D200 setup. My speakers like the extra power and especially when playing large orchestral music like Holst (The Planets, Jupiter), Dvorak (Symphony no. 9), R. Strauss, Vier Letzte Lieder. Much better "Energy Transfer" and it has been a joy to listen to many tracks i didn't listen to for a long time.
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

What difference did you hear when swapping Ethernet cables?
I was already pretty happy with the Vodka's but the Diamonds RJ/E are a step up. They do reduce the digital 'harshness' and make the sound a bit more analogue even further. The Diamond RJ/E between switch and NDX made the biggest difference. The Diamond RJ/E between Unitiserve and switch less so, but it's hard to go back once you heard the difference. I was able to buy 2 for a good deal so got them both.

The Netherlands

(02-Feb-2016, 12:27)Mollengijs Wrote: A few more pictures in daylight. I'm experimenting with cables so i got my Devialet placed way back on my audiorack to make room for spades. Normally it sits neatly in the middle  Wink

Nice setup indeed!

Question about the plant behind the Audio Physic Cardea, does this somehow work as a bass trap or diffuser?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(02-Jul-2016, 10:14)Bartype Wrote:
(02-Feb-2016, 12:27)Mollengijs Wrote: A few more pictures in daylight. I'm experimenting with cables so i got my Devialet placed way back on my audiorack to make room for spades. Normally it sits neatly in the middle  Wink

Nice setup indeed!

Question about the plant behind the Audio Physic Cardea, does this somehow work as a bass trap or diffuser?

Yes, the plant and the rug are intended to do just that. I have a lot of reflective surfaces in my room (wooden floors, brick, glas) so I was advised by my dealer to buy a plant and a rug. Maybe i should put them in my signature as well  Big Grin

The Netherlands

(02-Jul-2016, 13:33)Mollengijs Wrote:
(02-Jul-2016, 10:14)Bartype Wrote:

Nice setup indeed!

Yes, the plant and the rug are intended to do just that. I have a lot of reflective surfaces in my room (wooden floors, brick, glas) so I was advised by my dealer to buy a plant and a rug. Maybe i should put them in my signature as well  Big Grin
You should put them indoor signature Gijs. They probably have a bigger impact on the sound than some cables have.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Jul-2016, 22:45)Mollengijs Wrote: Made a couple of changes lately. First i was able to purchase a second D200 from a friend who moved on to greener pastures. As i didn't have a link cable i ordered a Audioquest Diamond custom RCA to AES digital interlink. Finally i swapped my Audioquest Vodka RJ/E cables for Audioquest Diamond RJ/E's. 

Serious improvement over my D200 setup. My speakers like the extra power and especially when playing large orchestral music like Holst (The Planets, Jupiter), Dvorak (Symphony no. 9), R. Strauss, Vier Letzte Lieder. Much better "Energy Transfer" and it has been a joy to listen to many tracks i didn't listen to for a long time.

You must be lucky but I have been having terrible luck with the AudioQuest Diamond digital coax RCA-RCA. No sound when playing music at 24/192. Well hopefully it's going to be fixed by AudioQuest soon.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(05-Jul-2016, 13:01)helloworld1978 Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 22:45)Mollengijs Wrote: Made a couple of changes lately. First i was able to purchase a second D200 from a friend who moved on to greener pastures. As i didn't have a link cable i ordered a Audioquest Diamond custom RCA to AES digital interlink. Finally i swapped my Audioquest Vodka RJ/E cables for Audioquest Diamond RJ/E's. 

You must be lucky but I have been having terrible luck with the AudioQuest Diamond digital coax RCA-RCA. No sound when playing music at 24/192. Well hopefully it's going to be fixed by AudioQuest soon.
Sorry to hear that. I bought two custom Diamond digital cables and experienced no problems at all. My brother, also active on this forum, had similar problems like you and got his cable replaced by Audioquest. His replacement cable is working properly now too.

The Netherlands

(03-Jul-2016, 06:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Jul-2016, 13:33)Mollengijs Wrote:
(02-Jul-2016, 10:14)Bartype Wrote: Nice setup indeed!

You should put them indoor signature Gijs. They probably have a bigger impact on the sound than some cables have.

My dealer came by last week to help tune my system. After he was done tuning (in about an hour or so) he managed to improved the overall SQ by not a small margin. Sp yes you are absolutely correct that room acoustics and speaker placement is vital. He also told me to buy another plant so i may have to put the plant(s) and rug in the signature after all  Big Grin

The Netherlands