Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm coming 'off the fence'
Normally its "the wife in the kitchen 3 rooms from us could tell the difference between the wirtlagger and the conombulus"
Now it's the hund....
In fact a similar event occurred to me last night
Was playing Yello touch and my G1's and 4 subs were going at it full tilt .. one glass panel in my door started vibrating seriously and scared my neurotic Belgian shepherd , tail between its legs it went upstairs the fastest ever...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
My Springer Spaniels were seriously spooked by the beginning of the Kraftwerke album "Radioactivity" played on my Goldmund Epilogs. The cables were Goldmund for speaker, interconnect and digital back then fwiw, as was all the electronics.
I learned to make sure the door was open if I was going to play it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I swapped out an Akita for a Xoloitzcuintli and the sound of my system got so much cleaner, along with the rest of the room. Wink
http://positive-feedback.com/audio-disco...ifference/

Some food for thought
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Interesting, up to a point, although there are too many misleading analogies and factual inaccuracies for my taste.  In some respects the comments are more interesting than the article itself: the author seems to be overly defensive, in particular to the (perfectly reasonable, IMO) challenge that the article could be one-sided because it's more or less an opportunity for cable-makers to do some marketing thinly disguised as editorial.  As far as I can see there is not much, if any, critical evaluation of the assertions being made.

So: as you were.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
They are all making assumptions because they have to rely on their simple measurement equipment. And as I said in another post before, for me there is more to physics than Resistance/Impedance/Capacity and Skin Effects. That's just what we are able to see/measure.
Are we so conceited to think that we allready understood the whole concept on atoms/electrons (and what the supplements might be) and how this all compiles?

No one has ever seen an electron moving through a wire.
Does it jump from one potential gap to another?
Does it "flow" right between the atoms?
Does it bump into its neighbor-electron and this to the next?
All just theories!

My experience is that every little thing counts. You move one varialble in a system only a tiny bit and the effect is sometimes not measureble but audible.
I don't know if it is nowadays possible to measure why a Stradivari violine sounds that much different than other violins. But our (not mine, but some professionel musicians) ears can confirm the fact.

Why do cable manufacturers choose one dielectric over another? Sure they can measure a difference in capacity (or alike), but do they really know what the processes are? They have never seen it. They saw a steady 2dimensional picture on an oscilloscope.
Have you ever wondered about the 2dimensional of signals that we are shown? There is only 3dimensional (or 4d w/ time) in our world. So, what does this electrons look/move like in a 3dimension world? Is it a line? Nope, Sir!

My conlusion. Believe on nothing. Try it yourself. Be patient.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
I bought this USB cable and started this thread because I wanted to delve into the (for me) unknown of cables. I really don't care how or why they do or don't work. That would be the worst way to approach this as far as I'm concerned. I'm a sparky by trade and I know how to wire up a light switch. 6 billion+ people on this planet only know how to flick one on and off and don't know, nor care what's behind that little plastic plate.

So for this exercise I'm only going to rely on my ears. After all, this is about musical pleasure and whether or not a USB cable enhances just that; musical pleasure. Approaching it as if it's a song is a good idea. There's no such thing as a bad song (except rap). It's a matter of taste. If I like it, it's good. If I don't, it isn't

So far I've only had two nights listening through my new cable and I really liked what I heard. I'm back at work now and when I'm back home I want to spend a bit of time a/b testing so I can satisfy the doubt about the placebo effect. My wife says she's happy to work with me on a blind test so that will be fun.

One thing I can say for sure; I'm keeping it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sorry for the jabbering then.

My intent was to give people with less practicle knowledge the confidence that tey CAN rely on their ears and DON'T bother what the "experts" say because no one has evidence on their theories.
Just arguing about symptoms (like the doctors Wink ).

So only keep my last sentence in mind.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(17-Feb-2016, 02:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote: My wife says she's happy to work with me on a blind test so that will be fun.

Lucky......bst@rd.?????? Big Grin Lost for words.... My wife would slap me and tell me not to be such a perv! Confused
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(17-Feb-2016, 13:11)teddlesdee Wrote:
(17-Feb-2016, 02:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote: My wife says she's happy to work with me on a blind test so that will be fun.

Lucky......bst@rd.??????  Big Grin Lost for words.... My wife would slap me and tell me not to be such a perv!  Confused

Hah!  My sweet wife would fully support and appease me, secretly knowing that early-onset dementia had begun.   Heart   Been there, done that, and likely to do so again.   Yet, I'm not sure I would disagree with her.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA