Poll: Which one
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£3.4k - One new D200
22.92%
11 22.92%
£4.4k - A Pair of 2nd hand Matte Black D-Premier's
33.33%
16 33.33%
£6.8k - A par of new D200 (a D400 mono set)
27.08%
13 27.08%
£6.4k - One new D250
14.58%
7 14.58%
£11.3k - A pair of new D250's (a D800 mono set)
2.08%
1 2.08%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200
congrats on the purchase.. You will enjoy em..I would not say no to another D prem myself.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(06-Feb-2016, 11:04)Celts88 Wrote: PS  The dealer has just sent through a couple of photos from his phone of the Devialet's (not great photos, but certainly getting me excited with anticipation)

Great decision. And perhaps you even got a SQ-OEM-Update having the D-Premiers colored black.
Does anybody know if there is any chrome underneath the black of the colored editions?
If not you also most likely have no nickel coating underneath what gets you a big improvement in SQ because nickel is a "magnetic-sucker" of interferences.

Have fun.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Its plain anodised aluminium ...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Gui / Rodney

So that means the Matte Black D-Premeirs could possibly have an SQ advantage without the Chrome, which is normally included on the Standard D-Premiers.

That would a nice bonus I wasn't aware of Big Grin

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Ask Manoet on how much the improvement is. 
He got his chrome D200 sanded and anodised in black afterwards.
As I remember he said it was a completly new (better) amp after this procedure.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
A wee bit late posting some photos, but see attached with my D-Premiers now in place.

I'm now looking at getting an Antipodes DS Music Server, which should really help with the SQ for my CD collection as then ripped direct to the DS Server as Uncompressed FLAC. The Antipodes are also going to be Roon compliant and just waiting for the Linux Roon version to be officially released (Mark Jenkins, owner of Antipodes, says they are hoping for Roon to release sometime this March).

I've also bought some new footers for the D-Premiers (Blackpods from the Mad Scientist in New Zealand), and also some digital cables RCA to AES (again from the Mad Scientist) as the link from Master to Slave and as hook-up from Logitech Transporter to D-Premier.

Cheers
John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)