Poll: Which one
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£3.4k - One new D200
22.92%
11 22.92%
£4.4k - A Pair of 2nd hand Matte Black D-Premier's
33.33%
16 33.33%
£6.8k - A par of new D200 (a D400 mono set)
27.08%
13 27.08%
£6.4k - One new D250
14.58%
7 14.58%
£11.3k - A pair of new D250's (a D800 mono set)
2.08%
1 2.08%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200
Thanks for the clarification, Antonine.
Well I went and put in an offer on the pair of D-Premiers and managed to get them for £4k  Tongue

Not going to complain as that's a saving of nearly £2.8k over a pair of D200’s (actually only £500 more than I was being offered a single D200) Wink 

I could essentially pay for the D-Premiers to be upgraded to a pair of D250's (D800 mono set) and all up would cost me £9.8k. A D800 mono set-up for just less than £10k, with a new 5 year warranty may not be a big deal in the UK, but here in Oz that's a brilliant price as RRP they are nearly £20k (yes, we get stung badly down here). That upgrade price is for a pair of Masters, as the D-Premeirs come with both remotes, so if in the future I had to sell, I could sell them as individual D250's (gives me a choice of keeping one if money is short).

I can’t afford the upgrade just now, but certainly going to enjoy the D-Premiers for the £4k (bit of a bargain if you don’t mind me saying). The D-Premiers still have 2½ years warranty left on them, so will hang of a bit longer and see if in the future there’s a new round of hardware upgrades, and jump in then.

I’ve got to wait another 2 weeks for the D-Premiers to arrive, and in the meantime will be looking to sell my Parasound A21 amp, Sanders Sound Preamp, Klein DAC, and assorted RCA & XLR interconnects. Also have a Paradigm CC-690 speaker that’s still in the box (bought 6 months ago, but never got round to setting-up yet). If I manage to sell all of these for a reasonable price I should be able to get the £4k together for the D-Premiers. Feeling really good that I can sell this gear and essentially do a swap to a pair of D-Premiers.

Appreciate all the advice and really can’t believe I’m now going to be part of the Devialet crowd (only 3 weeks ago I went and saw a D120, and now the owner of a pair of D-Premiers).

Great start to my weekend  Big Grin

Cheers
John

PS  The dealer has just sent through a couple of photos from his phone of the Devialet's (not great photos, but certainly getting me excited with anticipation)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Congrats and you did a good deal!
Gongratulations. Great deal and you will love them!
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Congratulations! Great Deal!
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Congrats. Joining the D-Premiers.

Sent by iPad
Good decision. Those D-Premier look gorgeous! Welcome to the club. I look forward to your comments once you get to here them in your own room. Enjoy!
Sorry for drooling all over your black finish! Blush
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Very nice.  I don't like the chrome finish as it picks up fingerprints like crazy.  Jealous.
Why do you need to touch it?
Surely only the remote once its set up?
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus