Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Smell
Today, my room smelled like something was burning and I suspect it was my Devialet. It is still working but there's burning smell. Can someone who may/has this similar problem before, please tell me what's wrong and what should I do?

Thanks.

Gary
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I had the same problem with D200. Please send a message to Devialet support and they will help you. Basically you probably need a new filtering board. It's quite easy to install. Your dealer can install it for you or you can send your device to Devialet and they can install it.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
OK, thanks. I have emailed them on the problem.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Did anything unusual happen for this to occur? Or does this sort of stuff just happen out of the blue?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I noticed the smell when I was listening music as usual. The filtering board just broke suddenly. Devialet support said that this new filtering board should be more durable.

Btw, Do you happen to see a red light on back of your device, near the power socket? If not, then the filtering board probably has broken.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(06-Feb-2016, 08:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Did anything unusual happen for this to occur? Or does this sort of stuff just happen out of the blue?

It just happened. I paused my music with Le200 stayed power on and went out for a walk. When I returned, the room was filled with a pungent burning smell. I went sniffing around all my components and the stinko is Le200.

WOW, I'm impressed. Devialet support had responded and told me to bring my unit to the dealer for repair.

Gary - You have my sympathy!  I absolutely hate it when kit goes wrong.  The good news is that this is a well known issue and is not anything serious, it has cropped up in a number of threads over the years, see example below:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ight=smell

Maybe you'll get lucky and Devialet will throw in a few Original D'Atelier innards while they are fixing yours? Wink
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
You might want to check what version of firmware it comes back with - might be different to what it has now!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Feb-2016, 08:34)hk6230 Wrote:
(06-Feb-2016, 08:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Did anything unusual happen for this to occur? Or does this sort of stuff just happen out of the blue?

It just happened. I paused my music with Le200 stayed power on and went out for a walk. When I returned, the room was filled with a pungent burning smell. I went sniffing around all my components and the stinko is Le200.

There you go; proof that exercise is bad. Thanks for the tip. I'm staying in my seat  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.