Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify Connect Announced
I really like Spotify, it's SQ is not bad at all and its app is amazing.
I solved the situation by adding Denon HEOS only for Spotify connect, at first I wanted to purchase Sonos but apparently it's lacking this function, you can stream Spotify but can't use its connect feature to control with native app.
I'm very pleased with HEOS and can defiantly recommend it.

[Image: 140312-HEOS_Amp-angled-right-front-beautyshot-1.jpg]
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I'm using Bluesound Node for Spotify Connect
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(06-Feb-2016, 20:09)Antoine Wrote: Still I think anything else requiring external code running inside the Expert would be anything but "not difficult to achieve" or not possible at all. (Roon for example) Same goes for code/programs that can't be made an integral part of Spark. For Phantom they can run that code on the Dialog, for Expert it would most likely mean it's a dead end street since we need the app to bridge to AIR.
When I say "adding support for Spotify Connect to Expert line should be not that difficult to achieve - controlled by a device like tablet / smartphone" I _really_ mean just that!! I am not at all talking about integrating stuff like Roon etc.
And as is already mentioned here for example http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2603 Spark app should soon be available and so als Spotify Connect compatibility.
It's the paragraphs before and after the one you quoted that describe my "worries" for Spotify. The one you quoted is for anything that really needs to be added to the firmware of the Expert and can't be made an integral part of Spark (or Dialog) and this could also be true for Spotify Connect. But let's just forget it, there's too many if's and uncertain parameters, at least for me. Time will tell what become possible with or without the Dialog.

I did find what's running inside any Phantom; it's a Cyclone V SoC (introduced in 2011) with integrated dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor running @800MHz and 512MB of RAM.
https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/cyc...rview.html

The Experts have (besides separate powerful 400MHz DSP's) the smallest (EP3C5) Cyclone III FPGA's (introduced in 2007) with 32MB of RAM. These don't have a powerful general purpose ARM CPU integrated. https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/cyc...e-iii.html

Unknown for me is the amount of non volatile storage (e.g. flash memory) available in both.

The Phantoms are thus much, much more powerful on the general purpose computing side of things.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands