Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(22-Feb-2016, 10:53)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Feb-2016, 10:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What shall we talk about now then? Wink

Roon?  Wink Big Grin  

Guillaume

I simply won't take this kind of abuse! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

hah!

Since the title of the thread is "Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers", let's hope Devialet gives us something to talk about.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(22-Feb-2016, 14:44)mdconnelly Wrote:
hah!

Since the title of the thread is "Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers", let's hope Devialet gives us something to talk about.

But whatever happens that's probably months away.

Ooooh, I know....

What version number do you think it'll be?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

V10 has a lovely ring to it......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Feb-2016, 00:08)Confused Wrote: V10 has a lovely ring to it......

...more of a growl?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/10/20/p...o-v10-era/

Bring the V10's back!
Big GrinBig Grin
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(23-Feb-2016, 10:00)Eddye Wrote: http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/10/20/p...o-v10-era/

Bring the V10's back!
Big GrinBig Grin

Devialet have an idiosyncratic approach to naming their code releases, so I would venture V10 for a minor upgrade, V9.2.2.1 for a major one.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(21-Feb-2016, 22:59)thumb5 Wrote: No offence to anyone who's contributed thus far, but from my point of view this sequence of "AIR works for me" and "AIR doesn't work for me" is not adding much to the thread.

Can we just agree that AIR works for some and not for others, and that when it doesn't, it's not for want of trying or technical expertise?  The corollary to which is that it is not fulfilling its advertised purpose of being a reliable, high-quality streaming protocol for a home audio system.

Thumb5...Why do appeals like yours only come up after positive reports about AIR?... If you don't want to hear about AIR working, just don't read the posts.

By the way, my AIR installation (on OS 10.11.3) with dedicated ethernet also works perfectly, even with DIRAC room correction filters and ROON.
(24-Feb-2016, 13:04)Mohmm Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 22:59)thumb5 Wrote: No offence to anyone who's contributed thus far, but from my point of view this sequence of "AIR works for me" and "AIR doesn't work for me" is not adding much to the thread.

Can we just agree that AIR works for some and not for others, and that when it doesn't, it's not for want of trying or technical expertise?  The corollary to which is that it is not fulfilling its advertised purpose of being a reliable, high-quality streaming protocol for a home audio system.

Thumb5...Why do appeals like yours only come up after positive reports about AIR?... If you don't want to hear about AIR working, just don't read the posts.

By the way, my AIR installation (on OS 10.11.3) with dedicated ethernet also works perfectly, even with DIRAC room correction filters and ROON.

Just a matter of chance. I don't have an axe to grind either way, because (as it happens) AIR is mostly working pretty well for me. As I said, I just find it a bit tedious to have to read a whole series of anecdotal experiences which don't seem to add much new knowledge to the topic.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK