Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
Interesting stuff. Overthinking this for a moment, I wonder if the "new" version of AIR might be related to the rumour I heard, that is that Devialet are not sure when Dialog compatibility with Expert will be available because they are working on a variety of possible solutions for this. Overthinking maybe, but it does fit with a new version of AIR being mentioned together with the Spark app. Interesting stuff.

My guess is that nothing will actually be released or announced this side of May though, in line with the tradition of Devialet trying to generate some kind of hype for the Munich show. (May 5th)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(07-Feb-2016, 00:58)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Also DLNA compatibility

This would be nice, I sold my Aries and is waiting for the market to get it together.....ROON, MQA, AIR anybody now more so throw it in..... Bubble upnp app on my tablet streaming Tidal through their cloud service directly to my D400, I can live with that for now. 
Is a bit sick of this now, but maybe this spring will be nice to us Expert owners.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thanks for sharing Nakatomi63!

There's a lot there to hypothesize over. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(07-Feb-2016, 00:58)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Also DLNA compatibility

Hope they will add it to Phantoms at the same time...
(07-Feb-2016, 00:48)Nakatomi63 Wrote: According to reliable sources I can not reveal, within not too long (I hope) will be a new firmware for the Expert range with many improvements (also in SQ ) and new features such as incorporating Spark App. Also a new version of Air specially tuned for Windows 10 (I don´t know if also for Mac).
No news about a new generation of 120, 200 or 250 ...
I hope that Air finally works properly  Rolleyes
Sorry but i have not more information  Huh

From my limited Devialet experience, even the most reliable sources - ie Official Devialet communications/press releases - aren't very reliable.

Bearing in mind this is an unknown source - perhaps the Starbucks barista on the same Parisian street as Devialet HQ Wink - I'll take this with even more of a pinch of salt, but hats off to the optimists out there!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(07-Feb-2016, 16:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 00:48)Nakatomi63 Wrote: According to reliable sources I can not reveal, within not too long (I hope) will be a new firmware for the Expert range with many improvements (also in SQ ) and new features such as incorporating Spark App. Also a new version of Air specially tuned for Windows 10 (I don´t know if also for Mac).
No news about a new generation of 120, 200 or 250 ...
I hope that Air finally works properly  Rolleyes
Sorry but i have not more information  Huh

From my limited Devialet experience, even the most reliable sources - ie Official Devialet communications/press releases - aren't very reliable.

Bearing in mind this is an unknown source - perhaps the Starbucks barista on the same Parisian street as Devialet HQ Wink - I'll take this with even more of a pinch of salt, but hats off to the optimists out there!

My thought exactly.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
We have to stay optimistic. Like in Kung Fu Panda, Oogway said: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present." Enjoy our Devialet now and look forward to new improvements in the future. At least, we are being offered with this new improvement for free.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(07-Feb-2016, 23:49)hk6230 Wrote: We have to stay optimistic. Like in Kung Fu Panda, Oogway said: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present." Enjoy our Devialet now and look forward to new improvements in the future. At least, we are being offered with this new improvement for free.

I can only agree, thank you!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(08-Feb-2016, 00:00)blair.athol Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 23:49)hk6230 Wrote: We have to stay optimistic. Like in Kung Fu Panda, Oogway said: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present." Enjoy our Devialet now and look forward to new improvements in the future. At least, we are being offered with this new improvement for free.

+1

How many other companys will bring out so many new functions to their products. I know Devialet suck at some things but I am happy with my D400 and it sounds great that is the most important thing the new functions is a bonus imho.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Feb-2016, 12:35)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 00:00)blair.athol Wrote:

+1

How many other companys will bring out so many new functions to their products. I now Devialet suck at some things but I am happy with my D400 and it sounds great that is the most important thing the new functions is a bonus imho.

I wasn't mocking the new features personally (despite the fact that very few since I bought my D200 have been of any interest to me, and Devialet's obsession with three letter acronyms is ridiculous).  More the cultist-like belief in Devialet sticking to their promises/delivery dates despite having no track record, and for features that are most likely never coming, since the 'sources' could easily be figments of people's imaginations. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<