Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Owners Facebook group
IanG-UK and Antoine have expressed my misgivings perfectly.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Devialet chat; Hey guys, have a look at this. Can we have a mature discussion about this?

Facebook; Hey look at ME! MY life is SOO GREAT! MUCH better than yours. MEEE! I'M THE MAN. MEEE. MEEEE. Look at MEEE!...

I'm staying here.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Noone said anything about leaving Devialet Chat. I like it here as well.
it is just an another way of helping Devialet owners. If you dont like FaceBook, you just dont follow the link guys.
Some use FaceBook greatly and many of you did join the group by the way as of today.

Appreciate all the comments and thoughts though.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(08-Feb-2016, 19:11)Antoine Wrote: Bad idea IMO. It's a completely redundant thing and will only fragment knowledge. I also don't see what Facebook can add to this great forum. What are you missing here?

Since you (Cosmosound), as a dealer/distributor, also have certain commercial interests I will not join.

BTW. did you ask Guillaume and/or Rufus if it was OK to advertise your Facebook group here? If not I would not mind if Guillaume or Rufus would decide to delete this whole thread. In fact I would applaud it.

Antoine, if Guillaume and/or Rufus want to remove the thread is fine by me. No hard feelings. Why any, anyway?  Facebook group is not a competitor to Devialet Chat. Internet is free with no boundaries.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(08-Feb-2016, 21:15)Cosmosound Wrote: ...
Antoine, if Guillaume and/or Rufus want to remove the thread is fine by me. No hard feelings. Why any, anyway?  Facebook group is not a competitor to Devialet Chat. Internet is free with no boundaries.

I think many people will share the same sentiment - sure it's a free world - but this is really bad form and frankly it's taking the pi**!

It's one thing for a dealer to flaunt the rules buying and selling kit as an 'owner' - as well as having a signature advertising brands for sale - it's another to start a rival users group and then try and advertise it here.

It's a pretty transparent move.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Facebook is for saddos - people who don't have any friends but like to think they have hundreds - there may be a few exceptions Tongue - and, yes I do have an account.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(08-Feb-2016, 21:24)LHifi_swlon Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 21:15)Cosmosound Wrote: ...

I think many people will share the same sentiment - sure it's a free world - but this is really bad form and frankly it's taking the pi**!

It's one thing for a dealer to flaunt the rules buying and selling kit as an 'owner' - as well as having a signature advertising brands for sale - it's another to start a rival users group and then try and advertise it here.

It's a pretty transparent move.

I agree with your and Antoines sentiments 100%

EDIT: Note 3 of the Terms and Conditions for using the 'For Sale' section of Devialet Chat: "Dealers are not permitted to post For Sale items".
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Diffrent platforms for diffrent usage and groups...

I don't mind having the FB next to this one.. The forum is more for forum usage :-) sharing, fun and knowledge and FB more for quick updates and pictures I guess...
Gee. You folks are mighty crusty and sound as though you are 71 (my age). :-). I fon't know about the ethics of the poster but IMHO having something on Facebook may be a good idea. I use this, several other sites AND Facebook frequently. They are separate entities good for different things. There is nothing wrong with Facebook, how you use it is what matters.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(08-Feb-2016, 23:07)rwjr44 Wrote: Gee. You folks are mighty crusty and sound as though you are 71 (my age). :-). I fon't know about the ethics of the poster but IMHO having something on Facebook may be a good idea. I use this, several other sites AND Facebook frequently. They are separate entities good for different things. There is nothing wrong with Facebook, how you use it is what matters.

I don't think the negative sentiment was particularly related to the merits of Facebook...

For one thing Devialet already have a presence on Facebook, so ethics of this thread aside, it seems slightly odd to have an official dealer host an 'unofficial' group there too. I wonder what Devialet or other dealers would make if it?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<