Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog overheating and deforming the casing?
I have had my Dialog for a couple of weeks now, and it is well known that it runs hot. However, mine is actually hot enough to deform the casing and wondered if this was normal. See the attached pictures. In the rear view you can see the casing is lifting up (and it doesn't run flush at the side) on the left. In the side picture you can see the top plastic bending and lifting away from the metal heat vent. Do they all do this?
[Image: atxjj5.jpg]
[Image: 33jhh6b.jpg]
Mine does not, although it is *extremely* hot and produces some chirping noise (almost inaudible from 1 meter away).
(11-Feb-2016, 12:46)dmitrek Wrote: Mine does not, although it is *extremely* hot and produces some chirping noise (almost inaudible from 1 meter away).

I do wonder about the safety aspect here! You are not exaggerating when you say extremely hot if you touch the metal vents. You could burn your hands on it!
Mine runs warm, too, but not so warm as to deform it. Do you keep it in a well ventilated location? I wedge mine between a cabinet and the wall so the sides of the Dialog touch the cabinet and wall and the bottom and top are open to the air. Maybe unnecessary, but I'm paranoid about overheating. On my second Dialog, the first having to be exchanged because it stopped working. I'm no engineer, but it seems a small fan would have been a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(11-Feb-2016, 13:14)msg Wrote: Mine runs warm, too, but not so warm as to deform it. Do you keep it in a well ventilated location? I wedge mine between a cabinet and the wall so the sides of the Dialog touch the cabinet and wall and the bottom and top are open to the air. Maybe unnecessary, but I'm paranoid about overheating. On my second Dialog, the first having to be exchanged because it stopped working. I'm no engineer, but it seems a small fan would have been a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine has space all around it, but I agree it seems to actually need a fan, even though I am a fan (pun) of fanless designs as the fan is often the failing component! I have spoken to the dealer and they are going to push Devialet to replace it. They will send me the replacement first if Devialet approves so that I am not without  a working system for any period of time.
I will measure the temp of the Dialog tonight at home.
Same as mine - poor design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is getting pretty warm but not hot. It is fixed the slim side down. So it can get air from both sides.
Has anyone tried one of those USB desktop fans, would this run off the USB port on the Dialog (they only need power from USB port)? Might offend fan-less sensibilities but they can be very quiet and will just move air across the casing. Cheap as well, I have a 'Daffodil' which is whisper quiet and has a speed dial on the top. I don't own a Dialog but thought this might help, or be worth trying.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(12-Feb-2016, 10:40)AllenB Wrote: Has anyone tried one of those USB desktop fans, would this run off the USB port on the Dialog (they only need power from USB port)? Might offend fan-less sensibilities but they can be very quiet and will just move air across the casing. Cheap as well, I have a 'Daffodil' which is whisper quiet and has a speed dial on the top. I don't own a Dialog but thought this might help, or be worth trying.

Why would i need a fan if devialet says it's not a problem?