Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers for small rooms.
I find it a little bit strange that the KEF LS50 are not taken as a serious speaker because they do not cost thousands of dollars. These speakers are very good, also a very good match with the Devialet 200. Trust your ears. What about the Devialet 200? Compared with amplifiers who cost way more this thing is almost unbelievable cheap. This cannot be a reason not to buy it.

If the LS50 fits in your room you can be in High End heaven.

Maybe it can help to read the White Paper of the LS50 (Download KEF Website). LS50 are is just a piece of very good engineering ( like the Dev) that leads to a very good result. Just my opinion, everybody should make his own listening.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
I like my Le200 and KEF LS50 combination in my tiny room environment.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Those of you actually with LS50s - what stands are you using?  Custom Design FS104 Signature get a lot of good press over here and have contemporary looks in keeping with the KEF.  They're reasonably priced as well.  Many of the more "traditional" designs don't do well on the WAF stakes.

I want to move on from my elderly Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk IIs which were great on the end of Naim olive-series but sound a bit soft, restrained and polite on my D200, especially at lower volumes.  Hoping LS50s might do the trick without breaking the bank.

Medium-size room (4.7m x 7.6m), mainly modern/contemporary jazz.
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

(16-Mar-2016, 23:00)GRC Wrote: Those of you actually with LS50s - what stands are you using?  Custom Design FS104 Signature get a lot of good press over here and have contemporary looks in keeping with the KEF.  They're reasonably priced as well.  Many of the more "traditional" designs don't do well on the WAF stakes.

I want to move on from my elderly Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk IIs which were great on the end of Naim olive-series but sound a bit soft, restrained and polite on my D200, especially at lower volumes.  Hoping LS50s might do the trick without breaking the bank.

Hi,
there are some good designs at http://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu
I used to have the "Boxenstativ SH 1" (see first picture), but I find the "Dreibein Stativ SL 600" very interesting.
At the moment I have a selfmade design made from hardwood, steel, granite, bronze and a few pieces of blue tack (following pictures).

Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(25-Mar-2016, 00:28)beerman Wrote:
(16-Mar-2016, 23:00)GRC Wrote: Those of you actually with LS50s - what stands are you using?  Custom Design FS104 Signature get a lot of good press over here and have contemporary looks in keeping with the KEF.  They're reasonably priced as well.  Many of the more "traditional" designs don't do well on the WAF stakes.

Hi,
I used to have the "Boxenstativ SH 1" (see first picture), but I find the "Dreibein Stativ SL 600" very interesting.
At the moment I have a selfmade design made from hardwood, steel, granite, bronze and a few pieces of blue tack (following pictures).

I really like the design of your speaker stands. I take it that the granite blocks give mass and a low centre of gravity?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Mar-2016, 12:07)Axel Wrote:
(25-Mar-2016, 00:28)beerman Wrote:

Hi,

I really like the design of your speaker stands. I take it that the granite blocks give mass and a low centre of gravity?

Thank you and yes,
that is the intention. And to reduce/shift resonances.

Bavaria
Hi together,

here is a picture of my LS 50 also with stand made by http://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu.

Greetings

Thomas
Devialet 120 and KEF LS50 and Quobuz Hifi
(21-Apr-2016, 15:34)Internetguru Wrote: Hi together,

here is a picture of my LS 50 also with stand made by http://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu.

Greetings

Thomas

Very nice, what size is your room?
If you are enjoying the KEFs another option would be to tweak them! No doubt they will be using quite standard xo parts. Replacing them with better parts will improve them a lot. Most speakers use these clip on connectors which do not sound good. Solder all internal connectings which good solder. This is a tweak that costs basically nothing.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
My room is about 25 sqm. When i am listing, i move the stands a little bit more into the room.
Devialet 120 and KEF LS50 and Quobuz Hifi