Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different software players
Since I got Air going I haven't tried anything other than Air/iTunes to stream from my Mac.
Before Air I used (effectively) a firewire to AES convertor and had Audirvana, Amarra, Bit Perfect, Decibel, Fidelia and Pure Vinyl. I haven't used any of them since 2011 so all my copies are out of date.
I have bought a Chord Hugo for travelling use and it is capable of decoding most file types. Amarra was my favourite software back then but it does seem to make some hidden changes to preference files, or some such, which upsets Air, and I like to be able to use Air on my Macbook Pro from time to time.
So my question is, does anybody have a suggestion for a player capable of natively rendering all file types including flac, alac, aiff and DSD which I can use on my Mac which won't upset the smooth functioning of Air?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I did hear a Chord CodeX streamer with some KEF Blades last year. The DAC in the CodeX is very similar to the Hugo DAC and is related to the Cordette DAC. It sounded excellent with the Blades, and one of the few things that got anywhere near the Devialet DAC's level of resolution and detail. I'd imagine that the Hugo is a bit like having a mini Devialet in your pocket. Very nice.