Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Tidal
Good day 

First post here  Smile

I have a question about the integration of Tidal. Does it run natively on a Deviate 200 and is only controlled by the app? Or does it need to be streamed wirelessly from a notebook or similar?

The native solution would be far superior as it avoids all wireless streaming....

Thanks!
Klaus
(13-Feb-2016, 15:38)Devine Wrote: Good day 

First post here  Smile

I have a question about the integration of Tidal. Does it run natively on a Deviate 200 and is only controlled by the app? Or does it need to be streamed wirelessly from a notebook or similar?

The native solution would be far superior as it avoids all wireless streaming....

Thanks!
Klaus

Hi klaus. It's the latter. No streaming services are integrated into the Devialet.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Too bad!

Wouldn't that be a good thing for the next software upgrade?

Smile)
It would most certainly be good! As you'll soon discover Devialet is not always listening to it's customers. Unfortunately not even for things Devialet themselves have announced or promised...
But the amps sound terrific! I love my 250!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I don't think they're capable and were never really designed as such - they were designed to be able to stream in the sense that Devialet AIR would send audio data from your Mac / PC to the Devialet via the 'best' means possible.

There's plenty posted on this site for you to read how successful they were with AIR Wink

What im hoping for is that Devialet bite the bullet and support RAAT. Others would prefer different solutions but I don't think there are any others out there that are technically as good. Of course anything reliable would be better than nothing

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

...thanks. I take it that AIR is not the solution that it should have been? I also take it that it is a similar solution that Linn has with their songcast?

Well. then it is a pity as wireless streaming is not as good as an integrated solution Sad

Hope they listen this time, be it qobuz or tidal. No spotify connect please.

Cheers!
(14-Feb-2016, 21:12)Devine Wrote: ...thanks. I take it that AIR is not the solution that it should have been? I also take it that it is a similar solution that Linn has with their songcast?

Well. then it is a pity as wireless streaming is not as good as an integrated solution Sad

Cheers!

In the meantime you can buy a Google Chromecast Audio, connect that to your Devialet using an optical cable and stream Tidal using an iPad or similar as a controller. A cheap and effective solution Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(14-Feb-2016, 21:22)PhilP Wrote:
(14-Feb-2016, 21:12)Devine Wrote: ...thanks. I take it that AIR is not the solution that it should have been? I also take it that it is a similar solution that Linn has with their songcast?

Cheers!

In the meantime you can buy a Google Chromecast Audio, connect that to your Devialet using an optical cable and stream Tidal using an iPad or similar as a controller. A cheap and effective solution Smile

Or maybe I just keep my Linn DS with Tidal and connect it via SPDIF to the Devialet.... (I was hoping to selling it with the Devialet being my only source...)
(14-Feb-2016, 22:23)Devine Wrote:
(14-Feb-2016, 21:22)PhilP Wrote: In the meantime you can buy a Google Chromecast Audio, connect that to your Devialet using an optical cable and stream Tidal using an iPad or similar as a controller. A cheap and effective solution Smile

Or maybe I just keep my Linn DS with Tidal and connect it via SPDIF to the Devialet.... (I was hoping to selling it with the Devialet being my only source...)

Well the Linn will no doubt sound better than the Chromecast albeit at a few 100 times the price ...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(14-Feb-2016, 22:33)PhilP Wrote:
(14-Feb-2016, 22:23)Devine Wrote:
(14-Feb-2016, 21:22)PhilP Wrote: In the meantime you can buy a Google Chromecast Audio, connect that to your Devialet using an optical cable and stream Tidal using an iPad or similar as a controller. A cheap and effective solution Smile

Well the Linn will no doubt sound better than the Chromecast albeit at a few 100 times the price ...
...true. no doubt.

I think that Tidal deserves it, the SQ of some of the lossless offerings there is VERY close to cd quality now and deserves decent streaming. I also feel awkward when my source is not up to the quality of my amplification.