Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logitech Media Server
The new Bryston BDP-1USB will be able to stream directly from LMS according to specs. Should be very good.
A modified SB Touch also sounds very good if reconfigured the way I describe here: http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Squeezebo...o-Devialet , but then you'd need a Touch obviously.
It may also be better to use squeezelite rather than Squeezeplay. The "Local Player" plugin in LMS installs squeezelite.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(05-Sep-2014, 11:44)ogs Wrote: The new Bryston BDP-1USB will be able to stream directly from LMS according to specs. Should be very good.

That does look good! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thumbs5.. My Cullen modded zone player is also very good. Interesting that in comparison to Jriver/AIR, AIR is definitely better.. not worlds better but noticeably better. I'm perfectly happy to use the Sonos to play pandora and radio stations ( love WXPN) I really noticed this when I tried out LMS and found LMS/AIR to sound about as good as the Sonos.. a bit grainier not as dimensional.. That was why I tried, and switched to Jriver/AIR which again was definitely superior.

A far as the Sonore sotm goes.. I had a Sonore Sonic Orbiter for a couple of months.. it's pretty much the same as the sotm but a bit higher specced.. It also used LMS as it's server.. and it was operationally killer.. I was able to install LMS on my Synolgy DS214Play.. Again the problem was sonically it wasn't any better than my modded Sonos.. in fact the Sonos might have been a hair better.. I was using an AQ Diamond USB and a good PC on the Sonic Orbiter..

I thinking that LMS really doesn't sound that good.. it's just OK sonically but operationally it's great , stable, lots of features, Pandora, Spotify, Local radio etc.. but Jriver/AIR handily beats it..

I think if I was going to go in any direction it would be the Auralic Aries.. I love being able to stream right off my Nas with no computer needing to be on..The Aries has gotten a lot of very positive feedback from users on Computer Audiophille.. the consensus being it's better than a Mac Mini and better than all but the trickiest Caps setups.. The Aries may not be as good as an Aurunder device.. and probably not as good as the Total Dac device.. But it's be interesting to see how the Aries fairs when used via USB, broken in and with a good USB cable.. and if it's close to the Total Dac or Aurunder for a third of the price, it'll be a winner in my book.