Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micromega M.One - another potential Devialet's competitor?
I think I got to there from this thread but can't find the first-hand account (which might've been on a French site now I think about it).
http://www.audioshark.org/integrated-sys...-7548.html
I believe the M1 won 'best in show' for a particular category at a show last year - Son & Image in Paris in October 2015 I believe. Scant details available on the internet though apart from some youtube videos, though might be Google not finding French content for me!
Looks good on paper.  Would definitely be interested in listening.

Personally, as someone who would be interested in replacing their Devialet, it will come down to more than a simple 'how does it sound'... I'd be paying attention to configuration, firware, Ethernet compatibility, iOS interfaces, and a solid software division with commitment to developing features customers actually want. I don't think any of that will necessarily be obvious at launch.

For what it's worth, it's a similar form factor but to my eyes it doesn't look a patch on Devialet's design - but maybe it looks better in the flesh.

That said, looking back at the specs, the Room Correction - if it was a decent implementation - would be worth more to me than any of the current features on my D200.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(21-Feb-2016, 10:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote: That said, looking back at the specs, the Room Correction - if it was a decent implementation - would be worth more to me than any of the current features on my D200.

Haha, when I saw the room correction DSP feature, I did think you will be interested.

And if is implemented properly, its price point of EU4000 for 150W version is very attractive.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Perhaps a bit of healthy competition will give Devialet the kick up the arse that they need to implement  DSP room correction and bug fixing that we're all waiting for.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Class A/B amp
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Probably not at the Quality level of ADH. And 150W at 8 ohms is maybe too little.
One of the most important measurements of the original D-Premier is this one: http://cdn.stereophile.com/images/113Devifig07.jpg
Compared to a "normal" A/B amp http://cdn.stereophile.com/images/815S860fig8.jpg the distortion signature of the D-Premier is in a different league
Of course there are lots of other factors involved in the high quality SQ of the Devialet amps....
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Feb-2016, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:32)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I read a brief opinion on it a few months ago - was pretty positive.

Do you think you could find it?

I think it was Mike over at Audioshark... he's also registered on here so I will try and get him to comment.

http://www.audioshark.org/integrated-sys...-9025.html

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Feb-2016, 15:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:32)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I read a brief opinion on it a few months ago - was pretty positive.

Do you think you could find it?

I think it was Mike over at Audioshark... he's also registered on here so I will try and get him to comment.

Guillaume

Hi guys!   Shy

Yes, this is Mike from Audioshark.org   Thank you Guillaume for running such a great forum and inviting me over to chat.

I had a chance to hear the MicroMega M1 at CES 2016.   Since I am a top dealer for this distributor (I sell their other products, including Focal, Naim, Crystal, Siltech and more), I had a private overview/showing/demo of the MicroMega M1.

I heard the MicroMega M1 on Focal Sopra No. 2’s.   I was told to sit and have a listen first.  As I sat there, I had no idea of its functionality, but sonically was very impressed (I own a Devialet 400 on my Focal’s, so I had a good reference point).

To say I was impressed, is an understatement.   As I learned about it’s features and functions and price, I think my jaw literally hit the floor!  I also met with the people running the MicroMega organization (Mr. Schar) and got to hear all about their future plans (watch for their announcements coming at Munich).  

The MicroMega M1 felt very "ballsy" to me.  Meaning, it's 100 watt into 8 ohm rating felt like a REAL 100 watts.  

How does it sound?   Like a VERY GOOD Class AB amp.  Tight bass.  Punchy.  Great PRAT.  Musical.

The product is very well built, the cooling technology is very neat, and I like the colors (you can get your MicroMega to EXACTLY match any Focal speaker color or many other colors).   The packaging is also top notch.   They even seem to have more functionality and features (either now or in the near future) than Devialet.

IMHO - it’s the product suite vs price point that will be one to watch.

Mike
audioshark.org
suncoastaudio.com
(22-Feb-2016, 15:38)MDB Wrote:
(22-Feb-2016, 15:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Do you think you could find it?

Guillaume

Hi guys!   Shy

Yes, this is Mike from Audioshark.org   Thank you Guillaume for running such a great forum and inviting me over to chat.

I had a chance to hear the MicroMega M1 at CES 2016.   Since I am a top dealer for this distributor (I sell their other products, including Focal, Naim, Crystal, Siltech and more), I had a private overview/showing/demo of the MicroMega M1.

I heard the MicroMega M1 on Focal Sopra No. 2’s.   I was told to sit and have a listen first.  As I sat there, I had no idea of its functionality, but sonically was very impressed (I own a Devialet 400 on my Focal’s, so I had a good reference point).

To say I was impressed, is an understatement.   As I learned about it’s features and functions and price, I think my jaw literally hit the floor!  I also met with the people running the MicroMega organization (Mr. Schar) and got to hear all about their future plans (watch for their announcements coming at Munich).  

The MicroMega M1 felt very "ballsy" to me.  Meaning, it's 100 watt into 8 ohm rating felt like a REAL 100 watts.  

How does it sound?   Like a VERY GOOD Class AB amp.  Tight bass.  Punchy.  Great PRAT.  Musical.

The product is very well built, the cooling technology is very neat, and I like the colors (you can get your MicroMega to EXACTLY match any Focal speaker color or many other colors).   The packaging is also top notch.   They even seem to have more functionality and features (either now or in the near future) than Devialet.

IMHO - it’s the product suite vs price point that will be one to watch.

Mike
audioshark.org
suncoastaudio.com

Thank you Mike!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks, Mike. I wonder when it will be available, especially in China.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier