Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Wall Mount Bracket - Gecko
Pretty Cool:
https://store.devialet.com/ca_en/gecko.html
Pretty expensive.
(23-Feb-2016, 17:33)samurai7595 Wrote: Pretty Cool:
https://store.devialet.com/ca_en/gecko.html

It shows a white cord, not yellow. Is that a photoshopped pic?
Monochrome picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to mount a Phantom to the ceiling. Can this be done with the Gecko? Or would the Phantom fall off as it would be fixed upside-down on the Gecko?
(24-Feb-2016, 02:18)davidadamson Wrote: Monochrome picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it isn't. I understand the Gecko comes with a short grey cable with 2 bare wires hanging off it so that you can join it to "in wall" wiring.
Today I have got the Gecko.

I don´t think it´s pretty safe to fix it on the ceiling. The Gecko is pushed from above on small holders. The dead weight is holding the device.

No, you got no white long cable. You will get only a very short white cabe with open wires as jonstatt wrote.

Over all a nice and good (but expensive) product. Yes, a new white cable would be great...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
How is bass and soundstage on Geckos? I have problems with bass in my small listening room. I am thinking about moving to Tree stands. I'm not sure if I have put them too high but it feels like the sound is coming from too high. All the pics I have seen shows them even higher. The bass is impossible in the next room....I can't listen to music when others are sleeping. There was not that problem with my previous speakers. They were on stands. They didn't go that low on bass though
(28-Nov-2016, 20:04)Olli I Wrote: How is bass and soundstage on Geckos? I have problems with bass in my small listening room. I am thinking about moving to Tree stands. I'm not sure if I have put them too high but it feels like the sound is coming from too high. All the pics I have seen shows them even higher. The bass is impossible in the next room....I can't listen to music when others are sleeping. There was not that problem with my previous speakers. They were on stands. They didn't go that low on bass though

Do you have the dialog and phantoms on the same power outlet?
If not just Try it
(28-Nov-2016, 20:38)Johnnydev Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 20:04)Olli I Wrote: How is bass and soundstage on Geckos? I have problems with bass in my small listening room. I am thinking about moving to Tree stands. I'm not sure if I have put them too high but it feels like the sound is coming from too high. All the pics I have seen shows them even higher. The bass is impossible in the next room....I can't listen to music when others are sleeping. There was not that problem with my previous speakers. They were on stands. They didn't go that low on bass though

Do you have the dialog and phantoms on the same power outlet?
If not just Try it

I moved them on the same outlet yesterday. I haven't been able to test the sound yet. Do you think it could improve performance?