Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB input
Jesus R already answered that question very well IMO. It's the interaction between the Devialet and the Sqeezelite software, an issue for which HQPlayer and Roon already found and implemented workarounds. There's not much you can do except for reporting the issue to Devialet and the Sqeezelite developers.

The HiFace is not a terribly well performer, it's ancient too.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(16-May-2016, 17:22)ismarketing Wrote: Having these same issues using Squeezelite to feed a new Micro Rendu into Dev 120.  I need to reboot the Rendu each time I want to listen.

The designer of the Rendu suggested a HIface 2 USB-SPDIF adapter could mix the issue.  I have one coming tomorrow and will report back.

Any insights on whether these problems trace back to the Dev or the playback software?  People running Roon into the Micro Rendu into the Dev seem to n ot have issues.

Thanks

I use DLNA and that works fine no need for reboot so this must be specific to Squeezelite.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(16-May-2016, 17:56)Antoine Wrote: Jesus R already answered that question very well IMO. It's the interaction between the Devialet and the Sqeezelite software, an issue for which HQPlayer and Roon already found and implemented workarounds. There's not much you can do except for reporting the issue to Devialet and the Sqeezelite developers.

I think Jesus is wrong here. I have used squeezelite on Linux directly connected to my 250 USB for a long time with no problems at all. From pre 7.x.x to 9.0.1. Various distros; Voyage, standard Debian, Vortexbox and even squeezelite on the SB Touch (with EDO). Repeat - no problem what so ever. I am travelling at the moment so I have not started to use my microRendu yet. I have read Jesus' comments on squeezelite and Devialet and find it strange, but as I said can not verify unfortunately.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks ogs, and good luck to ismarketing in solving the issue/getting the right attention from those that can solve it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(16-May-2016, 20:12)ogs Wrote:
(16-May-2016, 17:56)Antoine Wrote: Jesus R already answered that question very well IMO. It's the interaction between the Devialet and the Sqeezelite software, an issue for which HQPlayer and Roon already found and implemented workarounds. There's not much you can do except for reporting the issue to Devialet and the Sqeezelite developers.

I think Jesus is wrong here. I have used squeezelite on Linux directly connected to my 250 USB for a long time with no problems at all. From pre 7.x.x to 9.0.1. Various distros; Voyage, standard Debian, Vortexbox and even squeezelite on the SB Touch (with EDO). Repeat - no problem what so ever. I am travelling at the moment so I have not started to use my microRendu yet. I have read Jesus' comments on squeezelite and Devialet and find it strange, but as I said can not verify unfortunately.

Thanks ogs.  Your experiences are really valuable.  Please let us know how things work when you get home.