Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 review in 6Moons
Big Grin 
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/devialet/1.html
Thanks for posting....
It's great how he found 'forum chatter' that uncovered firmware versions sounding different, yet crackling problems with AIR get attributed to Roon and their need to patch it up! Perhaps a little more research was in order!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

...and I'm not sure how he manages to update the firmware in 10 seconds...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Interesting that the LessLoss DFCP Original cable made the D200 sound worse where the LessLoss DFCP Reference made a 'huge' difference to the D-Premier in Marja & Henk's review.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lessloss/4.html
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
What an absolutely useless review. It's badly written and does not read as an actual review.

I hope the reviewer wasn't paid a lot of money to write this garbage...
(28-Feb-2016, 14:33)samurai7595 Wrote: What an absolutely useless review.  It's badly written and does not read as an actual review.  

I hope the reviewer wasn't paid a lot of money to write this garbage...

I think part 2 will be more interesting, as Darko didn't spend much time on SQ.  That part of the review will be done by Peter Familari, link here to his bio. Plus, I notice that the Phantom is included as one of the "loudspeakers" used in the review.  I suspect Peter might use Darko's experience (on the DAR website) comparing the Phantom to the Dev200 mated to the KEF LS50s. See that review here.  The big problem in my estimation is assuming that the LS50s behave with SAM like every other speaker with SAM.  I do not believe that is the case.  For example, I have the Atohm GT1 special edition speakers tethered to my Dev200, and I have never once had the urge to either decouple SAM or to dial it down.  Could it be because this was the original speaker to receive SAM treatment?  Perhaps.  But more to the point, I really dislike when a reviewer categorically states a position on a certain function -- SAM -- based upon a really limited number of speaker experiences.  Well, let's see what Peter has to say.

Finally, I am okay with a reviewer not liking the Devialet Expert line or giving it faint praise.  I am just annoyed when a reviewer has not done his or her homework.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
It read as if Srajan Ebaen had written it. He must be mentoring Darko :-). Overall it was a good preview with some discrepancies. He did really like it.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
No idea what this means but there was always going to be a follow up review done by Peter Familari. It's been in the 'coming up from these writers' section ever since the Darko review. It's not there anymore and there's nothing in the current review list either. Hmm...

So let's do a bit of speculating Smile

Devialet has indeed made a new and improved piece of hardware and Peter has the first one in for review. So there's no need for a review of the old 200 and he will be the first to have a review ready just after the launch of the new product. That's one brilliant piece of marketing. Come to think of it, it is so brilliant that I don't think Devialet's marketing department is smart enough to think of it. They should hire me!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-May-2016, 00:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: No idea what this means but there was always going to be a follow up review done by Peter Familari.  It's been in the 'coming up from these writers' section ever since the Darko review. It's not there anymore and there's nothing in the current review list either. Hmm...

Devialet has indeed made a new and improved piece of hardware and Peter has the first one in for review. So there's no need for a review of the old 200 and he will be the first to have a review ready just after the launch of the new product. That's one brilliant piece of marketing. Come to think of it, it is so brilliant that I don't think Devialet's marketing department is smart enough to think of it. They should hire me!

Sadly, Peter fell ill and could not complete the review.  Not sure whether they will find someone to step in and do it.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(27-May-2016, 00:21)Flashman Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 00:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: No idea what this means but there was always going to be a follow up review done by Peter Familari.  It's been in the 'coming up from these writers' section ever since the Darko review. It's not there anymore and there's nothing in the current review list either. Hmm...

Sadly, Peter fell ill and could not complete the review.  Not sure whether they will find someone to step in and do it.

That is sad news indeed.  Sad  I hope he will be alright.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.