Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 review in 6Moons
(14-Jun-2016, 14:37)nicoludio Wrote: +1.

Perhaps a review of the Expert Pro line soon?

Possibly maybe. I don't yet have all the details.
(14-Jun-2016, 23:04)johnhdarko Wrote:
(14-Jun-2016, 14:37)nicoludio Wrote: +1.

Perhaps a review of the Expert Pro line soon?

Possibly maybe. I don't yet have all the details.

LOL. Neither do we!   Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Jun-2016, 22:59)johnhdarko Wrote:
(14-Jun-2016, 13:52)Confused Wrote: Hello Mr Darko!  You look a little defensive today?

Ha! Kinda. Stylistic appeal aside, reviews are a two-way street. They rely on the reader's comprehension skills as much the author's penmanship. 6moons is one of the wordier sites, yes and perhaps asks more of the reader than other publications (including my own DAR). As publisher Srajan Ebaen says, 6moons is for people who like to read.

I certainly offered no categorical stance on SAM. Having only tried SAM with one speaker, I thought my comments reflected as much.

Zooming out, my focus with the 200 review - as I think is obvious - was  to compare 200 + LS50 to a pair of Phantom. It's something I thought no other reviewer had tackled thus and, owning all the ingredients, I was able to deal.

Thanks for the warm welcome though. Smile

Mr. Ebaen can sometimes be a tough read but I find if you have the patience to read and reread, the effort is sometimes worth it. It is his style and yours seems to be moving that way. I quite often read difficult material (subject and style) but it isn't always pleasurable.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Mr. Ebaen has perfectioned the art of write a lot without say nothing relevant
(17-Jun-2016, 15:33)lag Wrote: Mr. Ebaen has perfectioned the art of write a lot without say nothing relevant

IMHO, Srajan Ebaen has elevated audio criticism beyond the simple "it's good" "it's okay" or "it doesn't deliver" into an art form that is as much fun to read as it informative.  But, certainly, each to his own.  I admit that I like the way Srajan uses the language through metaphors,  analogies, and colorful wit.  I have stumbled on some real finds on Six Moons, such as Red Wine Audio, which now has morphed into Vinnie Rossi audio products.  I also find that Srajan and his reviewing team are open to e-mail exchanges and careful advice.  Above it all, Srajan is an ethical man in the way he operates his business.  I guess you can tell, I like the guy and his website. Smile
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(17-Jun-2016, 15:33)lag Wrote: Mr. Ebaen has perfectioned the art of write a lot without say nothing relevant

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)