Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon mind 180 vs Linn klimax renew D's into d200
Hi All,
I'm looking for some advice. I was thinking about upgrading from my d200 up to a d400.To part finance this I was thinking about selling my Linn klimax Renew ds.I was wondering if anyone knew how the mind 180 compared. I can't seem to get the hang of using my laptop as a source. Am I right in thinking that I'd get better sound quality with a streamer as source than my hp laptop?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mo
No experience with the Klimax, but a very happy Mind 180 user.
Its worth adding a Teddy Pardo linear PS and using a good quality AES/EBU cable.
Quality is superb - as good as AIR, but without the cut outs.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Thanks Delaney, I think the klimax renew Ds is a bit better than the akurate D's which I think I seen on here is about the same in sq as the mind 180.
I went from a Klimax DS to the Moon and have been very happy. There were some differences in sound, but to me they were insignificant given the relative costs involved.

Once I went to Devialet, it always felt wrong to have an analogue source so I was very happy making the change. I have no regrets
Cheers Neil. Do you mean the sound presentation was different or not quite as good going to the moon.I have a moon supernova CDP and like it's big detailed sound that's not fatiguing to listen to.
(28-Feb-2016, 00:31)DelaneyB Wrote: No experience with the Klimax, but a very happy Mind 180 user.
Its worth adding a Teddy Pardo linear PS and using a good quality AES/EBU cable.
Quality is superb - as good as AIR, but without the cut outs.

I'm also Mind user, would you share what improvements you noticed with the power supply and what cable you are using? I'm also thinking to upgrade the peripherals or maybe the streamer itself. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk