Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom > Homecinema
Ridiculous, they should at least release the specs and manufacturers of the "special box"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's still hope. I quote:
"For now, there is no available version of this setup for customers, but this seems to be on a good way."
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
My fingers are gross for 24bit HD sound like LPCM/DTS-HD Master/DolbyDH or something else. Well, I can't afford one more Phantom Silver for center use before I finish my education summer 2017 and by that time, they should have a solution for 5.0 surround.
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
Phantom has always been marketed as a product suitable for home cinema from onset.

I can play in stereo without delay via optical but this sounds much poorer than my home cinema system.
Possibly because I can't access the HD track from DVDs and I can't even access Dolby digital from sky.

The website still clearly states home cinema mode.

Disappointing that so long after launch we are still non the wiser.
(10-Mar-2016, 17:29)ragwo Wrote: First, kudos to Devialet support for answering quickly Smile
So for the not so good news. They bypassed both Spark and Dialog during the demo and used what Devialet calls a professional setup with a special box to distribute the signal to the speakers. This box is not available for customers, so will just have to wait for another solution.

Sounds like they just cut up the signal. If they created 3 different setups for example. Setup 1 is front left and right speaker using the livingroom zone. Setup 2 is rear left and right speaker using the kitchen zone. Setup 3 is center mono speaker using bathroom zone. They then use a box that receives hdmi/dolby or toslink/dolby and divide this signal into left/right front analog, left/right rear analog and center analog outputs. They can then send each analog signal to 3 different analog digital converters (ADC). Each one plugs into a phantom or dialaog. They can then set up 3 different systems playing each their own sound of the same 5.1 track. Maybe they made 1 box to do all of this in stead of many different, but I suspect that this is what they have done. They probably also used a delay box for each system to get all the audio in sync. Just my 2 cents, since I figured out that I would do the same if I was to try out Phantoms in cinema mode.
Found this on instagram. Footage from a demo room;
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC7gmqFEdjs/
(14-Mar-2016, 11:45)discostar Wrote: Found this on instagram. Footage from a demo room;
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC7gmqFEdjs/

Thanks for the video! 

Regarding the surround setup the entry level setup costs €17000 and won't be available today ordinary customers. 
Like eibet wrote, with a Dialog, five Phantom's , a surround preamp and 3 stereo ADC's it should be possible, in theory, to make what Devialet calls a 5:5 surround setup for a lot less than €17000. Wouldn't be one box though
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Very disappointing. Been waiting for a long time for a home cinema solution for the Phantoms.