Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer's system
Hi everyone,

I made some changes to my system recently therefore I thought maybe it is to time to share my humble setup.

My Devialet adventure started when I was looking to purchase a DAC to add my system for improvement over the DAC that my CD player/DAC (Audiolab 8200cd) had at that time. My amp was then Audio Research VSI60 and prior that Naim XS. I came across Devialet when I was looking for some DAc options and in addition to its sound and functionality I decided to sell my amp/cd and buy a Dev 200. I did not regret my decision since than. My speakers were SF Luito Wood up until last week. The remaining components were SBT Touch as the main source through a NAS server and with Analysis Plus big silver oval speaker cables, Shunyata Venom USB, Shunyata Hydra2 and Fututech power cable.

Last week, I changed my speakers to SF Olympica 2, my speaker cables to Townshend Isolda DCT and power cable to Sablon Audio Petit Corona. My selections were mainly based on also the positive feedbacks I read at this forum. Shunyata Hydra 2 is gone too and the remaining is only SBT Touch. Meantime, I use a laptop to run LMS as well as recently purchased Roon. The music files are stores at an USB HDD connected to laptop and I also have TIDAL too.

My plan is to make it even more simple setup by eliminating laptop, USB HDD and SBT. This will either achieved through AIR which I will test in the coming weeks to see if it will work for me or by adding an Aurender like device with Roon ready capability. But before doing so, I would like to enjoy my system.

The short term upgrade will be to go into dual mono by adding a companion. This is likely to happen in the next two months.

And some pictures;

[Image: 0f5fa665ef4b53ffac5f49e400a113a0.jpg]

[Image: 30bf77c0a4bc1ee2e9b1bd0b01fb73e9.jpg]

[Image: f3f7862fc8aecda8c0463fe1d13b25f2.jpg]

[Image: e6abd63760a812dc6d34896172a559a3.jpg]

I know the current positioning is not ideal and this will change hopefully when we will redecorate the room. For the time being, I have to live with it.
My room is about 42 sqm and the room is full of glasses and open passage to the kitchen and entrance of the flat some it does not hv the perfect environment for room acoustics.
I have plans to place some bass trap at the corner wall and some other stuff behind the speakers if it would help.
@archer75 - Very nice looking system, thanks for presenting it's origins as well. I also love the pool I see outside the window as well. Very nice home environment!

Barr
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Ciao Archer,

I also owned the Liuto floorstanders before the Olympicas! Quite a difference don't you think? Smile
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(05-Mar-2016, 22:28)baddog Wrote: @archer75 - Very nice looking system, thanks for presenting it's origins as well. I also love the pool I see outside the window as well. Very nice home environment!

Barr

Thanks, Barr. Look forward summer to come to enjoy the pool&garden.
(05-Mar-2016, 23:41)MusicLover Wrote: Ciao Archer,

I also owned the Liuto floorstanders before the Olympicas! Quite a difference don't you think? Smile

Ciao Musiclover,

Indeed a big difference. I did not have an opportunity to listen it but I knew that it would be a good update. I hv high expectations when I upgrade to 400s.