Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert remote
My remote works fine clock-wise (volume up) but 'skips' on anti-clockwise (volume down), as if the little cogs (presumably) inside are not fully engaging. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Is this dust or dirt in the mechanism, or has my remote become faulty. Is there a way to clean and or inspect the inner workings and bring it back to full working order?

Thanks
Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I'd say it's more likely to be a connection issue - is there anything in the placement of Devialet and remote that could obstruct the signal? Is the amp wall mounted?

Unless you can actually feel the skipping, then it could well be mechanical failure. Has the remote been dropped?
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

Some of the early remotes (the very first ones with the D170/110) back in 2013 had issues like this. I can imagine with wear and tear that they may all go this way though - potentiometer tracks wearing out perhaps? Not sure how new yours is. Sounds like a warranty replacement is the route to try.
AllenB,

I had an issue with my remote, where the volume responded erratically to the rotation of the volume knob. Sometimes it worked differently when rotated slowly than when rotated quickly. It also developed a bit of gritty feel. I took it to my dealer, who gave it one spin, and pronounced it faulty. He gave me another remote. which I took it home, and the problem was solved.

Note that I did have to do a config adjustment where I spec't two remotes. Since then I've fussed with the config and selected one remote, and did the pairing procedure. All is fine.

From your description, I would suspect the remote is faulty.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(10-Mar-2016, 19:04)Damon Wrote: AllenB,

I had an issue with my remote, where the volume responded erratically to the rotation of the volume knob. Sometimes it worked differently when rotated slowly than when rotated quickly. It also developed a bit of gritty feel. I took it to my dealer, who gave it one spin, and pronounced it faulty. He gave me another remote. which I took it home, and the problem was solved.

Note that I did have to do a config adjustment where I spec't two remotes. Since then I've fussed with the config and selected one remote, and did the pairing procedure. All is fine.

From your description, I would suspect the remote is faulty.

Thanks Damon, that is definitely the kind of fault I am experiencing, slightly gritty on anti-clockwise, smooth as silk on clockwise. Erratic in that it does not matter if I turn it quick or slow, the wheel is turned and, more often than not, the volume does not go down. Volume up no problem at all. I have had my Dev 200 just over a year now, and the remote does not get used that often, I use the iOS app quite a lot. It has not been dropped or maltreated .... ever. So I guess I am just unlucky.

I will contact my dealer, who is remote from me (no pun intended) and see what he can do. It's not just a take it in and replace on the spot scenario, unfortunately.

Cheers
Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)