Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spendor D7
Next weekend, I'll be auditioning the Spendor D7 speakers with my Devialet 200.

Has anyone heard this combo? If so, what did you think?
(12-Mar-2016, 14:40)samurai7595 Wrote: Next weekend, I'll be auditioning the Spendor D7 speakers with my Devialet 200.

Has anyone heard this combo? If so, what did you think?
The D7 is a great speaker. I've not heard them with SAM but a 200 is plenty to drive them with. I had slight reservations about the tweeter, I could not decide if it was a bit sharp at times, or was just being accurate.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(12-Mar-2016, 17:00)Soniclife Wrote:
(12-Mar-2016, 14:40)samurai7595 Wrote: Next weekend, I'll be auditioning the Spendor D7 speakers with my Devialet 200.

Has anyone heard this combo?  If so, what did you think?
The D7 is a great speaker. I've not heard them with SAM but a 200 is plenty to drive them with. I had slight reservations about the tweeter, I could not decide if it was a bit sharp at times, or was just being accurate.

Interesting, cause their tweeter apparently is a new design and all the reviews I've ready speak highly of it.  I'll have to auditioning for myself and see.

I auditioned the Focal Sopra 2 and I didn't like the Beryllium tweeter at all.  I found it harsh on bright recordings and did not find it to be a good match for the Devialet 200 since the Devialet itself is very accurate & detailed and seems to emphasis the harshness of that tweeter. YMMV.
This is hardly a contender for detailed review of the decade, but Nickb and myself did comment on the Spendor D7's following the Bristol show in 2015.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=670&page=2

OK, this is not much, but I do distinctly remember the Spendor Devialet combination being very clear and detailed and being one of the better sounding systems in what is a big show. So well worth an audition I would say.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12