Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Phase Recording
Is there a way to invert polarity on a single channel to deal with recordings having only one channel with incorrect polarity?

If not, the option is to invert one speaker connection.  Recommendations appreciated.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
one question, do you want to achieve it purely in the digital domain or are analogue suggestions included ?
I think you can only change polarity of both speakers with a Devialet Expert, not just one channel.
(12-Mar-2016, 19:08)krass Wrote: one question, do you want to achieve it purely in the digital domain or are analogue suggestions included ?

My interest is the digital domain
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
(12-Mar-2016, 19:13)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I think you can only change polarity of both speakers with a Devialet Expert, not just one channel.
That's all I have found.  Hoping someone smarter than I am can find a solution.
You might like to consider the Audacity freeware.
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/invert.html
Out of interest, how did you discover that this particular track had incorrect polarity in one channel?

You could swap the speaker plugs on one side, as a very low tech solution. A bit drastic I know for just one recording!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(13-Mar-2016, 12:31)Confused Wrote: Out of interest, how did you discover that this particular track had incorrect polarity in one channel?

You could swap the speaker plugs on one side, as a very low tech solution.  A bit drastic I know for just one recording!

I was going to suggest swapping the speaker connectors but you are braver than I. Wink
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(13-Mar-2016, 12:31)Confused Wrote: Out of interest, how did you discover that this particular track had incorrect polarity in one channel?

You could swap the speaker plugs on one side, as a very low tech solution.  A bit drastic I know for just one recording!
The recording in question is part of a large set.  It exhibits the usual out of phase anomalies: reduced bass, unstable imaging, and an overall cloudy sound.  Comparison on another system which allows single channel phase change confirmed suspicions.
(13-Mar-2016, 16:48)rwjr44 Wrote:

I was going to suggest swapping the speaker connectors but you are braver than I. Wink

This is the only solution I know, but I am hoping for something more convenient.