Poll: Have you experienced dropouts when using AIR?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
24.00%
18 24.00%
Yes
42.67%
32 42.67%
Yes and the dreaded white noise too
21.33%
16 21.33%
White noise only
12.00%
9 12.00%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR user survey
This poll is for AIR users only. The purpose of this is to get an idea of how many AIR users are experiencing dropouts and other issues.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Point of note, my ONLY issue with AIR is occasional white noise. No dropouts apart from white noise.
(10-Sep-2014, 16:43)Confused Wrote: Point of note, my ONLY issue with AIR is occasional white noise. No dropouts apart from white noise.

Ok thanks - corrected this.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I used AIR (despite its name) mostly with ethernet and no dropouts.
(10-Sep-2014, 16:56)Mohmm Wrote: I used AIR (despite its name) mostly with ethernet and no dropouts.

Me too.

L
I have experienced no dropouts with AiR 2.1.2 Ethernet or wifi using OSX 10.6.8, Qobuz and iTunes 11.3.1 and streaming files up to 24/96

It would be interesting to know which software and hardware combinations have caused the problems I.e. Version of AIR, operating system, software player, Devialet model etc.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Never had dropouts with AIR ethernet with all files up to 24/196. No dropouts with AIR Wifi with 16/44, but dropouts with higher bitrates, but I have to say my router is far away from the devialet and signal is bad: -75/+8 DBM.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
I have the occasional dropout from my PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with jRiver MC19, AIR 2.1.2. Devialet & PC hardwired. I have a sneaky feeling the dropouts may be related to power savings settings on the PC. I've always had it set to max performance but just now spotted the PCI Express settings were inclined towards maximum power saving rather than max performance, so I'll check if that does it (probably not but worth a try).
No issues at all here.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Ethernet with no drop outs here