Poll: Have you experienced dropouts when using AIR?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
24.00%
18 24.00%
Yes
42.67%
32 42.67%
Yes and the dreaded white noise too
21.33%
16 21.33%
White noise only
12.00%
9 12.00%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR user survey
(24-Oct-2014, 15:04)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(24-Oct-2014, 14:09)rik Wrote: Found this.

Quote:Those messages mean is that a client wrote to the driver at a spot that the family wasn't expecting. In this case, the client is wrote a little further in the future than the family expected. Usually, this just means that the client skipped some samples, probably due to an overload or some other thing that caused IO to skip some samples.
The log message about this is probably unnecessary and should probably be relegated to debug builds. Feel free to file a bug about it.

--

Jeff Moore
Core Audio
Apple
Rik

Well overload on a 4 core Macbook Pro Retina which is running under 1 or 2% CPU load is a bit worrysome... These are also the only occurrence when I'm getting dropouts.

/Jean-Marie

I'm sure it does not have to be overload, could simply be a bug!
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
It's a bug.

No question.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
Definitely a bug, most probably the overload is the consequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(21-Oct-2014, 17:44)canyelles Wrote: Using iMac > Wifi > Apple TV > optical > Devialet 200
No problems using Apple TV
Not yet Deviate owner (ordered D120), However, I use similar setup except "Airport Express" instead of Apple TV.

Internet: Modem -Wired- Cisco Router (old setup) -wired- "Airport Express -1" - wifi to "Airport Express-2" (sitting close to Stereo and NAS wired)
I will get rid of Cisco router in between Modem and "Airport Express-1"

So its ...
MacBook Air/ipad/ iphone > wifi > Airport Express-2 (NAS wired ) > Optical > Stereo Amp (will be replaced with D120)

Will try D120 wired to "Airport Express-2" to check AIR. shall report later.

MacBook Air : itune has all links to the audio folders in NAS
Iphad/Iphone: use WD NAS app, not great app but if complete album needs to be played + some sleep/wine, this is what i do. with this cannot put songs on Q etc. other apps dont work well with WD NAS.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
AIR_ETH - iTunes, and Bit Perfect Enabled, 100ms - NAS connected to same Airport Express as Devialet - No drop out and quite happy with audio quality.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"