Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone connection
Hi all

I couldn't find a place to drop this question so decided to do it here.  

I would like to know whether anyone connects their phone directly (wired) to their devialet.  

I have a good app (not Apple sanctioned I believe) on my iPhone that gives amazing access to music.  I would like to enjoy this music with my devialet amp of course.  I don't think I could do it wirelessly (devialet can only see the Apple Store downloaded songs via wifi).  

If so, how do u do it?  I was looking at Moon Silver Dragon lightning cable.  But the shop only has standard USB (not the odd type on devialet).  Even if the USB type was ok, would it work and would it sound good?

Thanks in advance.
Easiest will probably be a dock with analog or digital (toslink/s/pdif coax out) or of course a simple cable from the headphones output which supports digital as well.

In the past some USB DAC's worked with the Apple camera connection kit. I have no idea if it worked then with the Devialet and if it would still work today.

Another option, wireless Airplay, an Airport Express connected optically to the devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I have a CCK kit, it does not work. When connected it states, Devialet USB 2.0 connected but are not supported as it draws to much power.

Br Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Morten, did you try the CCK with an Uptone Regen or similar? The Devialet USB port does not use bus power, but it may draw too much when handshaking so your iDevice does not initialize.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The camera connection kit works very well when plugged via a powered USB hub to the Devialet  Cool
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
It doesn't help for kw1373, but for information, Qobuz hires streaming is available connecting an iPhone/iPad with the USB camera kit
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.  

Frustratingly I searched for cable solution.  I read into Apple's iron fist control on anything that connects to its I devices.  And of course refused to buy anything Apple and play into its scheme.  I think if I did I would have gotten the CCK or lightning adaptor (into USB) coupled with USB cable with different types either end.  Annoying too why Devialet does not have normal USB input.  

Anyway I decided to go for Belkin HD blue tooth streamer.  Works fine.  And I think the way of the future.  Simply acts as a bridge between a powerful amp/dac and a ubiquitous iPhone.  Opens up my hifi rig to all/best interfaces downloadable on iPhone.  In return I have access to literally infinite music albeit mostly MP3 quality.  Let's see how much I enjoy real music but only 2-5MB in detail - that's one tenth of files from my naim unitiserve.  So far I am enjoying the music, but being an audiophile I wonder how long it would last lol.
(03-Apr-2016, 11:04)kw1373 Wrote: ...Annoying too why Devialet does not have normal USB input.  

I'm not sure why you say that: the Devialet has a Type B connector which is absolutely the right thing, given that it's a USB peripheral device.  I guess what you mean is that this makes it difficult to find a cable that will directly connect your iPhone to the Devialet.  This is by design, because the iPhone is (normally) also a USB peripheral device so a direct connection between them wouldn't do anything useful.  (Roughly speaking, leaving aside On-The-Go, a USB connection needs to be between a host and a peripheral to work properly.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes that's what I meant - there is no cable that allows a direct connection between iPhone and devialet that I could find.  Neither from lightning into coaxial/optical/USB (type B), nor headphone into same inputs.  

Except RCAs which I wasn't willing to do.

I am far less technically inclined obviously than your good self and so fail to as graciously accept as you have the perfect reason why devialet should not have a normal USB input!
A good rule of thumb I've learned with USB cables is that if you can't easily find one off the shelf to do what you want, you're probably trying to do something that won't work! But it can be quite confusing, I agree.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK