Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke my remote :( What does a new one cost?
Hey guys

My 2 year old decided to use my remote as a spring board....

It's not an issue when playing my Dev as i use my iPhone or iPad to control it. But i use it every now and then to turn SAM on/off.

Anyone know what it costs for a replacement?

Thanks.
Ah, kids these days. Sorry to hear about the damage. AFAIK, there haven't been any remotes replaced for non-warranty issues. This might be a situation where you enlighten the rest of us. I hope the financial impact is light.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I asked my dealer what a 2nd remote would cost.
400 euros was the answer. I passed...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
That's crazy Sad
For a similar remote experience, you could glue an old smart phone to a chunk of scrap aluminium, could be done for a lot less than 400 euros!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Might be worth asking Devialet whether there would be a price reduction if you returned the old (broken) remote control - they might be able to salvage and recondition it, perhaps?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Amazingly the replacement 250 remote appears to be the same remote as a 200 / 120 one, yet is substantially more costly to replace (twice the price). What's that all about? Isn't the remote the same for all Experts?

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/?manufacturer=devialet
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(21-Mar-2016, 14:14)AllenB Wrote: Amazingly the replacement 250 remote appears to be the same remote as a 200 / 120 one, yet is substantially more costly to replace (twice the price). What's that all about? Isn't the remote the same for all Experts?

No, the remotes are slightly different, although functionally they are indeed identical.  However, the 250 remote is thicker, heavier and has that "solid" feel, I think because it is solid aluminium.  The 250 remote is a little nicer, but at some cost it would appear!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Mar-2016, 14:23)Confused Wrote:
(21-Mar-2016, 14:14)AllenB Wrote: Amazingly the replacement 250 remote appears to be the same remote as a 200 / 120 one, yet is substantially more costly to replace (twice the price). What's that all about? Isn't the remote the same for all Experts?

No, the remotes are slightly different, although functionally they are indeed identical.  However, the 250 remote is thicker, heavier and has that "solid" feel, I think because it is solid aluminium.  The 250 remote is a little nicer, but at some cost it would appear!

Yep, close inspection of the photos does reveal the 250 remote to be slightly thicker. £320 thicker (using £10 notes) Rolleyes
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(21-Mar-2016, 19:38)AllenB Wrote:
(21-Mar-2016, 14:23)Confused Wrote:

Yep, close inspection of the photos does reveal the 250 remote to be slightly thicker. £320 thicker (using £10 notes) Rolleyes

No its actually with £20 notes, I checked Cool
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers