Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 + Members
(22-Mar-2016, 11:43)hk6230 Wrote: Hi Mr Bond, care for a martini?

Shaken, not stirred Wink
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(23-Mar-2016, 11:56)tategoi Wrote:

Shaken, not stirred Wink

Stirred not shaken is my preference on the rare occasions I sip a martini while enjoying the dulcet sounds of my D200. Smile   Mr. Bond somehow gets it wrong. Dodgy
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(23-Mar-2016, 17:01)rwjr44 Wrote:
(23-Mar-2016, 11:56)tategoi Wrote:

Shaken, not stirred Wink

Stirred not shaken is my preference on the rare occasions I sip a martini while enjoying the dulcet sounds of my D200. Smile   Mr. Bond somehow gets it wrong. Dodgy

It's Vodka Martini - get it right guys .......   There's not much point shaking a Martini is there?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Mar-2016, 17:22)Confused Wrote:
(23-Mar-2016, 17:01)rwjr44 Wrote:
(23-Mar-2016, 11:56)tategoi Wrote: Shaken, not stirred Wink

It's Vodka Martini - get it right guys .......   There's not much point shaking a Martini is there?
I did get it right.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Ummmm.  I think there is a slight misunderstanding here, probably depends on which film you are thinking of, or perhaps the original books, or maybe it's the stirred vs shaken thing. Maybe something to do with Martini / Gin cocktails and similar being referred to as simply Martini cocktails.

Anyway I have decided I'm quite wrong and apologise without reservation for unclear and careless posting. Sad

(Confused mulls over the thought of an epic forum battle starting in the "nice thank you" thread.....)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(22-Mar-2016, 17:35)Antoine Wrote:
(21-Mar-2016, 22:26)Confused Wrote: I'm sure many of us have noticed the "nearly 2000 members" change to 2000+ members recently.

This made me think that perhaps it was time that we acknowledged the good work of the founders and Administrators Martyn (The mysterious), Guillaume (Le gouverneur) and Rufus (The humble).

I'm sure many of us quietly appreciate their good work and appreciate the value of this site.  A site which in return for it's services asks for nothing, no fees, no banner advertising, no request for contributions, nothing.

There is also a mysterious quality to the forum, which is a credit to both the admins and members, in that by the standards of hifi forums this is a remarkably civil place to visit.  (I am sure I'm not the only one who has witnessed some similar forums periodically descend into the virtual equivalent of total war)

So credit to all concerned.  Personally,  I have benefitted enormously from the advice I have received from a number of members.  Plus, I would like to think that I have assisted one or two folk on here myself.  (without annoying too many I hope)

However, I think the passing of the 2000 members milestone is an ideal opportunity to say a sincere thank you to the founders and Administrators.  

Much appreciated guys!

+1 great post!

++1 I really enjoy this forum!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(23-Mar-2016, 22:50)MConfused Wrote: Ummmm.  I think there is a slight misunderstanding here, probably depends on which film you are thinking of, or perhaps the original books, or maybe it's the stirred vs shaken thing. Maybe something to do with Martini / Gin cocktails and similar being referred to as simply Martini cocktails.

Anyway I have decided I'm quite wrong and apologise without reservation for unclear and careless posting. Sad

(Confused mulls over the thought of an epic forum battle starting in the "nice thank you" thread.....)

I am not Confused but admit to being confused over this whole martini thing and it's history. Anyway, this is a great site and I tend to visit it a few times each day but never when tipsy. Smile
I too Salute this forum: all the helpful and civil members but especially the moderators. Without such a helpful forum I never would have bought a Devialet given their horrible marketing and even worse customer & dealer support. Thanks all. I'll raise a Vesper (my favorite Bond drink) to you all. Cheers!
(21-Mar-2016, 22:26)Confused Wrote: I'm sure many of us have noticed the "nearly 2000 members" change to 2000+ members recently.

This made me think that perhaps it was time that we acknowledged the good work of the founders and Administrators Martyn (The mysterious), Guillaume (Le gouverneur) and Rufus (The humble).

I'm sure many of us quietly appreciate their good work and appreciate the value of this site.  A site which in return for it's services asks for nothing, no fees, no banner advertising, no request for contributions, nothing.

There is also a mysterious quality to the forum, which is a credit to both the admins and members, in that by the standards of hifi forums this is a remarkably civil place to visit.  (I am sure I'm not the only one who has witnessed some similar forums periodically descend into the virtual equivalent of total war)

So credit to all concerned.  Personally,  I have benefitted enormously from the advice I have received from a number of members.  Plus, I would like to think that I have assisted one or two folk on here myself.  (without annoying too many I hope)

However, I think the passing of the 2000 members milestone is an ideal opportunity to say a sincere thank you to the founders and Administrators.  

Much appreciated guys!

Thanks for writing this note!. Completely Agree!. I dont post much but enjoy reading the posts and i visit atleast once on an average.

Hats Off to the primary Captains for providing use such a civilized forum and for me it is about good interesting read!.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Massive thank you to Gui and Rufus for all there hard work on the forum over the past year and all the members who've read and contributed to the forum. Gui and Rufus are absolute legends and have contributed so much time to shape devchat into what it's become.

Onwards to the next milestone and we're hoping to put some more ideas into place over the next year to provide more resources for everyone.